Why a Jaguar?

Jags are great i use one ,but i think you will have trouble with one brand new straight from the shop ,they have lots of faults but these can be sorted out .firstly the strings pop off of the bridge if you pluck up with your fingers if the strings are too light a gauge, i use 11s on mine .i cant understand why fender designed them this way unless they were designed for the use with very heavy strings ,you can buy a buzz stop it fits behind the bridge and holds the strings down and stops them popping off , you dont have to drill any extra holes which is good, cost about £30. the bridge also sways backwards or forwards ,to fix this wrap electricians tape round the legs of the bridge untill they are snug in the sockets. i find the bridge pickup too thin sounding it is 6k output ,i had mine rewound up to 8k output . plus the 2 fiddly pick up selectors i replaced with a les paul selector. also these guitars dont sustain like a strat or les paul they have a very dunky dead sounding tone which you either love or hate ,i love it it is very retro sounding .
if you want to use it in a live situation i took the metal shields off of the pickups because they cause squealing if you crank the volume with distortion.
lastly i fit a dummy pickup under the scratch plate to eliminate hum .
i used it on this track i posted, it is also in the pic, it is shoreline gold Japanese re-issue.