VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

Hi there,

first thx for this good thread. happy to see that a developer is helpin users in such a untiring way.
unfortunately i’m still havin connection problems… still love c7 the most, workin with steinberg since cubasis vst :wink:

no matter where i try, it´s always the same problem. my artist is havin perfect video and sound quality while on my side i get nothin clean - voice is comin in binary trash, video is stuttering or totaly collapsing.
artist can hear the playback, but when i record, i have the same digital trash on the recording track.

i did…

• open the ports 51111-51113 (not necessary anymore i read)
  • both sides connected with cable, wifi is disabled
  • tried with disabeling ASIO Guard
  • upload is at least 1Mbit/s on both sides
  • both sides closed every other programm
  • tried with disabeling firewall (computer and router)
  • video and audio upstream to lowest quality (without that nothinng works)
  • turned up asio buffering up to 1024 samples
    and more i don´t remember…

i used different internet connections/locations because i thought it´s my router. The problem is everywhere the same.

• What about Samplerate and Bit settings? are they synced automaticly? do they have to be set the same?
  • What about network remotes like steinberg ski remote, splashtop streamer (desktop streamer), ProCutX remote?
    i turned them off but maybe they´re workin in the background
  • what about soundcards? do both have to connect one because of asio drivers or is the internal with coreasio2 enough?
    (12ms latency on 384samples) - we felt no difference

i’m workin on a 2012 macbook pro, OS X 10.8.4, i5 2,5GHz, 16GB Ram, soundcard is roland ua-55 via usb or allen&heath zed16R via firewire.

hope to get this great feature runnin! would be much less travelling (costs) because of technical problems in the artists studio setup.

thx already