VST Connect & VST Connect SE - Solution Thread

This looks very much like there is a problem on the Performer side in his or her upstream quality.
Did you check the Performer settings to have the audio and video upstream rates set not too high?
If your partner really has 1 MBit upstream provided by his/her IP (Internet Provider)? Many people confuse this with the downstream rate. Usually, when you browse or get emails etc, upstream rate is of no concern, so this can be easily overlooked.
So: the sum of audio and video upstream as set in the Performer settings must not be more than approx 80% of the upstream rate provided.
Try setting the Performers’ cam to “”, and audio upstream rate to 128 kBit. Still distorted sound?

\

• i did…

You are successfully connected, so none of the port/firewall business applies. Means, it works perfectly. This has nothing to do with connection quality, a connection is either established or not. If it is, all router/firewall/port forwarding issues are solved already.

• upload is at least 1Mbit/s on both sides

I don’t know what you mean by that. If you set Performer upstream to 1 MBit for video, for instance, it comes to no surprise that there are problems…?

• video and audio upstream to lowest quality (without that nothinng works)

ah, ok, sorry, so you did it right (lowest quality => lowest bitrate)
But then it should really work…

• i used different internet connections/locations because i thought it´s my router.

The problem is not on your end, but on the Performer side.

• What about Samplerate and Bit settings? are they synced automaticly? do they have to be set the same?

Unless you get a message, samplerate is automatically set to Cubases’s rate on the Performer app.

Again, you were trying loads of things on your side but the problem is really on the Performer.

Hope that helps - have to go…