A Cubasis mixdown question

A Cubasis mixdown question

Postby cheesesteak » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

I have a project with a midi track that has been frozen. During playback, I hear the audio track that was created from the midi track by the freezing process. However, when I listen to the .wav file that the mixdown process created, I hear the original midi track. I've lowered the audio track clip's volume all the way down while leaving the frozen midi clip's volume alone. I don't hear the audio clip while listening to the project but I hear it after mixdown. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
cheesesteak

Re: A Cubasis mixdown question

Postby cheesesteak » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Deleting the frozen midi track and keeping the audio track it created made the mixdown .wav file be the same as what I hear when playing the project.
cheesesteak

Re: A Cubasis mixdown question

Postby Ludwig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 am

hey cheesesteak,

once you freeze a Midi Track you're not able to change the froozen Tracks volume. Adjustments are done via the new audio track thats been created. And this volume will later be the reference for your mixdown. This is the default behavior of Cubasis.

So I'm not sure which issue you are experiencing. May you provide some addinational data? Which Version of Cubasis are you using and which is your choosen Mixdown-format?

kind regards
Ludwig
Ludwig Goohsen, Software Developer
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!
Ludwig
Steinberg Employee

Return to Cubasis