Thinking of Buying Cubasis....

iPad has maximum 1GB not 64GB. And if it is 64GB obviously it should be better or equivalent to PC. the iPad 64GB means the internal storage capacity. the minimum capacity with ipad comes from 16GB till 128GB. But the RAM and cpu are all same depending on which iPad. iPad mini and iPad 2 has 512MB of RAM while iPad 4 has 1GB.

I don’t have Auria, but must try this with Cubasis yet. I tried with Sampletank and I could use Cubase to send MIDI data to my iPad mini and set the sampletank channel same as in PC. But Cubase didn’t receive midi from Sampletank. But I read and heard it is possible. You need to install rtpmidi program which is free and available in the link below for PC to recognise your device in same wifi.
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/virtualmidi.html

There are plenty of midi controller apps for cubase to receive midi data to control and to play instruments in Cubase via your controller app in cubase. Best example for Cubase is IC Pro. I use this and it is awesome. But it only controls mixer, key commands, locaters etc and not notes or pads to play intruments.

Another best app for controller is V-Control Pro, which is a bit pricy but they provide a V-Window where your plugin or any open window will be mirrored. For example if you had Halion Sonic opened in your PC, you can open it in V-Control Pro app as well and edit parameters like knobs etc. There is also a free version of V-Control FREE which doesn’t have V-Window options.

Cheers