3sl wrote:So after using Cubasis for a few weeks I have the following to report
- generally a great app, although feels like it's been engineered to force you to use the full Cubase (i.e. no automation, no stereo effects, no visual feedback in plugins (compression).....all the things needed to start and finish a song on a single device)
- excellent integration with external apps such as Audiobus, CoreMidi
- does not feel 'rock solid' though
- crashes sometimes result in corrupt files, this has happened to me in only three weeks of use
- mixdowns sometimes have tracks playing at different speeds, or out of sync (this happens randomly). I have tried restarting my iPad (I haven't seen this reported elsewhere so perhaps I'm just expecting too much from Cubasis)
- some parts of a track do not play at all. I have a spoken vocal track with multiple snipets. One part starts to play then stops halfway through. all other tracks keep playing though. I get this on mixdown as well
- extremely, extremely slow undo/redo - I can sit there for 20 seconds waiting while Cubasis try's to move a part back a few bars
I am running Cubasis on an iPad 4 64GB - quite a powerful little device so I didn't expect to see some of the issues I'm seeing.
Thanks for that update, 3sl!
Can I ask, are you recording any audio ... if so what interface are you using, are you happy with that combination, what kind of latency are you getting?