1.6 Rendering fails on normal-sized track

Hi,

I want to render one of my songs in Cubasis. It is about 2-3 minutes and has about 10 tracks so not much of a deal. But when rendering the progress bar just stops and won’t move or finish. I can still press cancel and all and rendering works perfectly on smaller tracks like loops of 4 bars. When rendering wav it stops right at the end and when rendering M4A it stops at 50% so I think there are problems with copying a file or encoding whatever. I have an iPad 4th Generation with 32GB (a few GB free space).

Regards

hey Saphired,

while testing various Ipads with all sorts of settings, we’ve experienced some issues once your disk has not enough free space. Even if there’s 2 Gigs left, this could not be enough.

So first thing for you to do is, make sure to emty the trash bucket within the Mediabay of Cubasis. You can tap and hold the delete button to delete all files at once. In case this doesn’t change anything, make some more space on your disk.

If you’re still not able to complete your mixdown, we recommend to download a performance-measurement-tool and provide us with your disk-write and -read velocities in MByte/sec.

Hope that sorts it out for you!

kind regards
Ludwig

I have 5 GB left on my iPad. If that’s not sufficient how do users on 16GB devices are creating mix downs? Can you provide a link of a disk speed measurement tool? Since iPads use flash storage I think that should also suffice the needs of a general mix down.

Hi saphired,

Take " Performance Test Mobile " free app from App Store, or search for Benchmark Apps

please read

about disk performance / speed issues.

I have 5 GB left on my iPad.

Yes, should be enough for normal mixdown 44 khz / 16 bit.

1. wich samplerate / bit rate you are using ?
  2. wich mixdown features you are using ?
  3. How many tracks, audio,midi etc and how long they are ?
  4. micrologue, microsonic, insert Plug ins, send plugins etc ?
  5. How is your Disk “Storage Write” performance in MByte/Sec
  6. Is your disk regularly full and you need to delete files or Apps for free disk space to work with cubasis ?

Please send us an step by step description to repro.
Currently we can’t reproduce it here.

But when rendering the progress bar just stops and won’t move or finish.

Maybe you are waiting not long enough, and the progress is running on background.

best
jan

1. wich samplerate / bit rate you are using ?
    44 khz, 16 bit (default settings)

2. wich mixdown features you are using ?
    only include effect tail is on, using wav or m4a both do not work

3. How many tracks, audio,midi etc and how long they are ?
    about 7 midi tracks, 3 audio tracks of which one has only muted events

4. micrologue, microsonic, insert Plug ins, send plugins etc ?
    both micrologue and -sonic, nearly every tracks has 1 to 2 eqs and some have reverb, delay, compressor etc.

5. How is your Disk “Storage Write” performance in MByte/Sec
    storage write is 66 mbyte/sec, read 134 mbyte/sec

6. Is your disk regularly full and you need to delete files or Apps for free disk space to work with cubasis ?
    never got a system message about full space and I always have at least 2-3 gigs, most of the time 5 gig free space

Okay I got it working by doing the following:
Disabling “Include effect tail”,
Enabling “Range between locator”,
setting locators around the track (previously they where put on a small part of the song).
Nevertheless cubasis should handle such cases correctly, maybe there is just a small fix to be made. Hopefully my data helps you.

Regards

Hi Saphired,

Thank you for the detailed Answer !

Sorry, but if I am following your steps, it’s not reproducible for me.

I am investigate and Inform you as fast as possible.

Hopefully my data helps you.

Yes,

setting locators around the track

How long is your maximum of project track length ?

greetings
jan

Track length is about 2:30 min, I guess.