7.0.6 is here....

Seems that MC resizes the width of the channels depending on the available total width, so that they are always drawn complete (no half drawn channels by the right border).

It looks a bit ugly put that way, but in the other hand I don’t think one needs to resize the MC often…

No idea what everyone is on about the mixer, no real time to mess round with it. loaded it and at first impression everything i had hoped for is there. abilitly to turn OFF effect with Ctrl+ click one click open of effect. snappy as all get out. Yes ok mixer look setting from 7.0.5 projects had to be redone (which i expected given changes in the GUI) and the general look i like MUCH better. it will get a work out tonight for sure but first impression is VERY positive

Nice one steiny

we’re getting there

Jaymo

Sonic Gtr master @ KtDJ

This Mixer rubbish is still not fixed!! …resizing issues for me!! :angry:

Back to C6.5 …which is still the better program by a long shot.

Used to behave like this in 7.04/5 here as well. Sometimes GUI, sometimes channel editor.

Hi Steve

I don’t know if this will help, it is a kind of workaround (which shouldn’t be necessary) but I made a Macro in which it presses the mixer shortcut twice (f3 normally, x in my case) and then the Channel config KS (I have 3 set up )and it does work, even when the mixer is in focus, at least on my system. This though takes the focus away from the project window which could be an issue. Haven’t tried it with any other mixer commands

Worth a bash I s’ppose. it is one SB should address, though I would imagine there are reasons, :confused: :confused:

Cheers

sort of … that’s not how I want to use it though. I primarily use the project window and editors full screen. But, even turning off “always on top” I still get disappearing UI elements and plugins behind the mixer. And, position is still not recovered using workspaces. I randomly get mixers back on monitor 1. Once that happens I have to reset the workspace and set it again. Also, I have been able to get them mixer to work for a few times with the workspace, however even when it recalls on the correct monitor, it moves to some relative position based on the resolution of the monitor, NOT where I anchored it in the workspace.

Now what happens inside these child windows, especially the mixer, is a different story. > :unamused: >
Afaics not even the rack configurations (?) or mixer views (?), these 4 to 8 buttons in the top left corner, get saved with a workspace, all sorts of anomalies regarding the mixer, zoom, size of UI elements, never have seen half as much in previous C7 versions. And the only consistency about them is that there is no easy repro, they come and go randomly.

This was the primary point. Workspaces still don’t recall the internal settings of the mixer. Heck, half the time I still get the mixer back in that goofy compressed view I posted a picture of in another thread. The other part is that the zoom of the workspace is not remembered with the workspace NOR the last used zoom. So, either of two ways that would be useful are NOT how it behaves.

ymm still v, but I doubt it (not directed @ you, JM),
Rhino

No problem even if it was directed at me :slight_smile:

Workspaces don’t work well at all here on Mac when the MC is in full screen mode. Like you report, sometimes it appears on screen 1, others screen 2. I still can’t use Workspaces here. Not like this.

Hi, in general .0.6 is good. But one click inserts GUI opening has a small delay, so if I use double click, GUI opens faster.
And take a look at this Steinberg Forums.

Cheers

Yeah, it’s not even really a requirement. Just a preferred method of editing. But, the general behavior shouldn’t be so dicey that you have to be a UI mode expert to use the software.

Regarding focus, what I hated most during tonight’s tests :
Even though the mixer title bar is blue, you definitely lost all project KCs and can mouse-scroll through mixer channels, that doesn’t mean you can now use e.g. “collapse” or “expand” KCs for the racks…snip

the focus stuff is just salt in the wound. For the life of me, I can’t figure out the “no problems here” folks. The only way you don’t have these issues is if you just control all Cubase functions using a mouse one window open at a time.

Had to roll back to 7.0.5 :cry:

7.0.6 crashes on my current project when it finishes loading and crashes on some projects just recently finished.

What happens is i load my current project I’m working on within 3-4 seconds cubase crashes with the cubase has stopped message just before it does stop the VST Performance box real time peak bar does a slight spike and the average load bar moves backwards then cubase stops, I have a UAD 2 Quad card i turned that off to see if that was causing the issue but cubase still crashed, i also tried uninstalling some of the windows 7 updates to see if that was causing the problem as sometimes in the past when i update windows this caused issues before.

Now I’m back with 7.0.5 all projects load ok, so not sure why 7.0.6 would make my projects crash very odd :cry:

If anyone has 7.0.6 and have big older or current projects i would try and see if they still load.

Martin

PC Windows Pro 7 64Bit | Intel i7 Extreme 980X 3.2GHz | 24GB Ram | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 |

.06 is working really well here. Didn’t tested much, but just the small fonts, the one click insert, the stereo/mono icon made my day.

As someone pointed first, Cubase still need a LOT of improvement (GUI Design) on this mix console.
But i’m liking the spped of patches, at least we don’t feel abandoned!

Thx for .06

+1
So far so good.
{‘-’}

Thanks Dave, that’s basically my solution, I’m using Quickeys macros to deal with the window focus and KC probs.

This drive me out of my mind also. I seriously dislike it, they tried fixing something that wasn’t broken and made it worse in this instance.