7.0.6 Can't remember mixer settings ?

No (default workspace)
Yes
Yes

#3 would be no, since you don’t use workspaces. By the way, even with the default workspace I eventually have the mixer lose its mind.

So now for my questions :

Have you done all sort (or some sort) of optimizations ?

Are your graphic drivers up to date ?

Have you thrashed the preferences ?

All works as expected here with my 3 monitors and with workspaces saved (after resaving the projects after the update )and switching the mixer and vsti to different monitors but for those who are having problems why the hell should this be the solution to every problem ,why would you have to “trash your preferences” every update ? …that is not right !

just curious, are your monitors all the same resolution G-String?

yes they are

interesting, mine are not. hmmmm

yes all 3 are the same monitors and all 3 are setup with eyefinity triangle formation at 1920 x 1080 and they work wonderfully .
I can confirm having to reset the mixer from M1 to M3 and reactive the control room on the mixer but once saved it has remained that way but ive also setup 2 workspaces 1 setting the vsti on M2 and the mixer on M3 and saved the project and repeated visa versa and both were remembered with no hassles :wink:

I have two 24" at 1920 x 1200, one on either side of a 30" at 2560 x 1600. I also have a 50" LCD as a quasi 4th monitor. Don’t use it often, but sometimes with video it is helpful.

Anyhow, I put VST/VSTi on left side 24", mixer full screen on right hand 24", editors and project window on center 30". So far no luck getting the workspaces to recall stuff on the 24s consistently.

the mixer will not recall if set in full screen mode you have to stretch it to the size you want and then it reopens without pressing f3 on startup , have you tried it stretched instead of full screen mode ?

yes, I have that other thread where I got the contorted version of the mixer on monitor 1 after having it stretched on monitor 2 (right hand 24").

Don’t know what to say , all I know is if it’s working here on this system then there must be a lot more happy campers out there that are not having this continue issue BUT applying these updates is becoming more and more risky , you are potentially going to loose ALL your settings and have to “trash your god damn preferences” which is completely wrong in my book .

and of course this is just as, if not more important than saving the location.

Long story short.
Try this!

\

1. Go to Mixer-page “Top Right!”
  2. You see a arrow down. (Functions Menu")
  3. In “Functions Menu”, down end of the list you find something called “Link Mix-consoles”
  4. Activate it!

Done…

You can also save the mixer settings on “Top Left” “Channel and Rack Configuration Functions”.

Hope it help! :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

No good if one doesn’t want the mixers all part of the same setup.

I use the mixers for three different purposes, so linking them defeats that.

Hi,

I Un-Installed 7.0.6, Installed 7.0 via the Core Installer, updated to 7.0.6, and Restored my Preferences. All working fine now :smiley:

Hope that Steinberg will be more careful in making sure the their INSTALLER works well (as it usually does) for any future updates.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

With 7.0.6, I had to set up the mixers again.

But also, I previously had to have the mixconsoles included in a macro, so that I could invoke a workspace and show the mixconsoles. With 7.0.6, the macro no longer toggled the mixconsoles, so I had to remove them from it.

Fortunately, after I setup the mixconsoles again, they show up full-screen when I open the project.

Now I just wish the project preferences could include a user-nominated default workspace, so that all the other windows don’t open piled in the middle of the main display.

OR rather SB just made it so one could have as many windows as one wanted with whatever docked Cubase or VST(I) GUI modules one wanted to drag-and-drop in them. I have suggested this already. Has to be better than having separate configuration points for different parts of the mixwindows.

Having to re-setup the mixwindows every time SB iteratively evolves towards a unified window management scheme will be a right PITA.