6.06 impressions

N6.06 is much better. Alt to turn off plugins is back (not just bypass), Stereo/mono symbol is back, track names are much easier to read and the fx names are consistent (no more values randomly shown). I’m glad to see the presets button on the inserts gone in the mixer and one click insert opening is nice.

Two things that I would still like to see fixed are:

mix configurations are still not saved properly. I have to save a new configuration and only then do they show up in mixer 1. They do save in the other mixers.

And please bring back the invert eq button. It is an extra click to switch back and forth and I need to use it to find resonances. Post eq and studio eq have it and it was there in N5.

Dean

And please bring back the invert eq button. It is an extra click to switch back and forth and I need to use it to find resonances. Post eq and studio eq have it and it was there in N5.

This, yes please! john.

The Mix window is starting to look very clean finally.
Definitely a huge improvement.

Just please finally let us re-order the Sends just like Inserts.

So far so good here.

Single click plugin interface access! Back where we were…
(Still want a button to open all inserts on a track at once, this used to be possible)

Workspaces are working again!
(Well, sort of. Still had some weirdness that I couldn’t figure out…yet)

The new track text labels, the stereo/mono icons, and little icons for instrument tracks.
All very welcome additions.

Still need the Key Command for the mix console to work properly.
If the mixer is behind the project window and you hit the key command, it closes the mixer instead of bringing it to the front. (I was hoping for this fix)

Workspaces can kind of provide a work around for this, until they mess up that is.

So, there is still much to do.
This is no time for relaxing.
Please Steinberg, keep this going and get crackin on the next upgrade.
I think Cubase and Nuendo deserve the overtime, don’t you Steinberg?