7.0.6 is here....

Quickeys looks really useful system wide. I’ve downloaded the demo to check it out. It would be cool if you create a thread about what you come up with for Cubase.

so far so good with 7.06. Great update!

Have you saved as a new project or re-created a project in 7.0.6?

The is only one level of AOT, that effects plugin windows and the Mixer etc., equally. There is no AOT for the mixer alone that would allow plugin, channel settings, etc to be on top of what has already been set to AOT, e.g. the mixer is already set to be always on top and having a second monitor makes no difference.

Create a feature request.

it was mentioned many times over FR sub forum, this among other MC Gui FR…
its just a reminder cuz its not present in .06 update and i saw some moderator replies here !

Create a feature request.

As usual, you are wrong on the tech stuff. This works fine in 6.5 and about 30 other programs that I use that use plugin concepts.

I already did it long time ago :confused:

The is only one level of AOT, that effects plugin windows and the Mixer etc., equally. There is no AOT for the mixer alone that would allow plugin, channel settings, etc to be on top of what has already been set to AOT, e.g. the mixer is already set to be always on top and having a second monitor makes no difference.

Not exactly, and we must care to avoid things becoming personal.

AOT did not exist for the previous mixer or “MixConsole” as it is now known, so everything has changed.

edit: never mind …

For me, the exciting news: 7.0.6 continued to load and play my project files.

AOT did not exist for the previous mixer or “MixConsole” as it is now known, so everything has changed.[/quote]

AOT exist in previous mixer (Cubase 6.5).

+1
At least on PC Windows 7 x64.

Many things has been fixed and added too. Of course there will always be small issues in any programs.

One thing they have fixed is that I can use my CMC TP-controller “Zoom”-function and zoom in any view.
Not just Arrange but in Arrangement, Mixer-view, key-editor, audio edit page any view.

Audio-performance seem better too and loading times with Kontakt and other stuff load much quickly.
Nice. :smiley:

What still is missing and what I like to have is, that the Mixer “key commands” are recognize always, “universal” in any view. Especially in use with hardware controllers that has setup “soft-keys” for different functions example CMC-series, Avid Artist Series, SSL-Nucleus and Yamaha 02R96 and so on.

Today I need to highlight the mixer on my second monitor to be able to use my “soft-keys” MIXER commands.
Also activate the “Led lights” on the PD Controller thank you.

Best Regards
Freddie

Does the Mackie control fader group buttons work in 7.06 or is it still a big mystery why they were forgotten in C7?

It’s still not working :frowning: keep asking for it and maybe they add it back :S

Hi,

Upgraded from 7.0.5 to 7.06 . This is one of the worst Cubase 7 updates I have encountered. :cry:

7.0.6 is a BIG LEMON

I’m hoping they will issue a fix ASAP via an update patch. Regardless if it is due to a buggy installer, or badly-Coded Cubase 7.0.6 , and I have no intention to un-install, re-install, and update Cubase 7 to fix a problem Steinberg has caused.

7.0.5 was running nice and smooth, with non of these issues. I wish I stayed on 7.0.5 , but I trusted the Steinberg Software engineers, so … here is what I got.

• The Plug-In Inserts window shows a blank-black window. (no plug-ins are visible) !
  • The Panners in the Mix-Console show up as little black squares !

So… simply put, Cubase 7.0.6 is not a usable DAW. and needs a major and fast fix to be issued by Steinberg.

I’m sure there are more bugs I will discover, but I have no interest in finding out more, have enough bugginess already.

Here is a link to my post on the Issue Reports section of this forum. (you can see some pics of both issues there).

Cheers from a very unhappy Steinberg/Cubase user,
Muziksculp

Hi Muziksculp,

Did you try deleting your preferences and have a fully up-to-date eLc?

Hi artguy,

No, I have not tried deleting my preferences, and I think my eLc is fully up to date (but I can check again).

Q. Why would I have to delete my preferences, I have not had to do that for any Cubase 7 update since version 7.0.

Is this due to a buggy installer ? or … ? Also, deleting my Preferences would mean that I would have to re-build my VST connections, …etc. from scratch ? or should I just copy the deleted Preferences back into C7.0.6 ?

Anyways… This is quite frustrating enough, I would rather Steinberg fix this from their side via a new Update/Installer, or whatever will fix these issues. I see a lot of Cubase 7.0.6 user issues posted at the Issue Reports section of the forum, so I’m not alone in this, Steinberg needs to fix things. since they messed it up in the first place via this update.

Cheers,
Muziksculp