7.0.6 is here....

Indeed, in 6.5 the plugins would not hide.

Hello Marcus,

I don’t have AVG installed on my system, or any other Security APP. enabled.

Also note, I had no issues updating Cubase 7.0 to all the following update versions that were released by Steinberg. All on the same system I’m having these issues on with this latest update. So, I doubt it is my system, but maybe it’s your installer that is causing this.

It is very annoying to have to un-install, install, and update. When your installer should have been able to correctly update Cubase 7.0.5 to 7.0.6, I have wasted so much time already. Sorry for complaining, but a fix from your side would be a better way to fix the issues many are experiencing here. and I see a lot of issues being reported regarding this update. Something must be very buggy in the update, or the installer itself.

Just my opinion on this.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi there,

yes indeed our installer could be improved, but optimization tools are incalculable in their behavior.
These tools often prevent updates even from Windows or drivers as well.

What optimization tools are you referring to ? I don’t have any optimization tools installed.

I don’t have any issues installing apps on my system. With the exception of Cubase 7.0.6 !

there is a wide area of these tools which makes it very difficult for any software developer to ship around.
In my Teamviewer sessions I have found several totally different tools.
Some have been pre- installed by the system builders already. I have noticed that these small little driver helpers as well were causing some issues.
So it could be helpful if you just send me your MSinfo32 for analysing.
Please PM me for further information.

Best regards,

Marcus

Update’s been great so far. Quite happy.

I’m having a great experience on 7.0.6, haven’t test all but it’s seems much faster and better audio processing, thanks!

So glad they have fixed the bypass and turn off clicking! It was a nightmare trying to find the correct pixel before but now it just works :slight_smile:

Did you see this post?

Hi SteveInChicago,

Thanks for the link/info.

Interesting, but I wonder why/how this would fix the issues, since I will be using the same installer again, to update from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 on the same system, which seems to have caused the issues with the GUI ?

Regarding Resetting Preferences, does this mean I need to manually set my preferences in 7.0.6 ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Works really good here. The crashing while loading Projects is still there but a alot less, the new mixer is cool and the Startup seems faster.

Thanks for the update guys :slight_smile:

I think some posts got edited maybe? I don’t know. But I was referring to this:

I’m impressed with how much this update fixed, and none of my projects are broken from any of it. Well done!

Now I just have to figure out why the Mac version of Cubase still doesn’t load some of my VST3 plug-in presets from Windows and I can be happy, but that’s probably not a Steinberg problem.

Hi,

How could the fact that you have ‘Crashing while loading Projects’ = Works really good here ? :unamused:

I really can’t figure out what to make of this latest 7.0.6 update :open_mouth:

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the program from scratch?

Hi,

No, I have not had a chance to do so yet. But will do so, and see how it goes. Most likely tomorrow.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Hi,

I finally got to Un-Installing Cubase 7.0.6, Installed Cubase 7.0 , then Updated to 7.0.6 and Restored my Preferences, which I had backed up.

All working fine now :smiley:

Hopefully Steinberg will be double, and triple checking that the INSTALLER works perfectly before releasing any updates in the future.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Hi,

Good to hear that you finally solved it.

We are still investigating why in some cases the skin.srf is not updated.
So any further information is welcome about the systems and other installed software.

Best regards,

Marcus

Great thanks for sharing information…It seems much better and I would love to have it very soon…