7.5 Wishlist

No 2 should have happened a long time ago. Just ridiculous to have to go back to the project window, move tracks then go back to MC. Shouldn’t have to wait for a paid update for that one. Make it in the 7.0.7 build.

Independent moving of tracks between the project window and mixer would be great.

This is true. I’m hoping there will be a 7.1 or 7.2 free update that includes:

2 - Option to move channels in the mixer.

Maybe this is difficult from a Cubase programmes point of view but wouldn’t it be convenient?

This is a bug (right?), so it’s not a feaure.

Anyway, that’s the kind of thing should be fixed regardless.

1. Ability to arrange frozen tracks (like Studio One, but a better implementation that is fully transformable without loss of ghost/aliased/shared copies)
  2. Batch Freeze / Unfreeze
  3. Bounce-in-place (and that’s reversible; and that’s accessible via right-click)
  4. Remove the 8 (6 freezable) Inserts limit
  5. Ability to choose / remember “affinity” (which CPU cores it will use) in prefs

So much more, but those are my top five (in order).

Wishes one thing, reality another. We will get new colors for fader buttons, and Loopmash update.

Complete track color coding in MC to make track location easier, would be great!

A Pattern-Based sequencing/editing feature.

Basically something similar to what Ableton Live, FL Studio 11, the upcoming Bitwig Studio, and other Pattern-Based DAWs offer. imho. this would be a great feature/option to have for Cubase 7 users who need to build their arrangement in a Pattern-Based workflow. If one prefers the current linear style way of working, then that’s always there for you. I just feel that the addition of a Pattern-Based sequencing option would just make Cubase 7 a better, and more versatile DAW.

Will this ever happen ? So far it has not, and I don’t have my hope up high that it will. But I felt that posting this feature request is worth it regardless if it ever gets implemented by Steinberg.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Yes, and please add to that a Neve desk (8087. but 1608 is good) and Rupert Neve himself (I can settle for a clone).

• Automation lane for Pitch Bend (with midi <-> automation function)

• Simultaneous editing of multiple automation lanes (using the mouse, not just the info line)

• Show Shortcut Key(s) in tooltips (they are shown in the menus but not the tooltips)

• No hover things, I want to see everything in plain view (except tooltips)

Mike.

Multitrack warping
Polyphonic VariAudio

I’m not holding my breath, as I’ve logged it with support and added it as an issue, with no response in either case. It is the only issue I have with C7 though.

I’d rather see that this update would be free, but thinking about that, it is wishful thinking…

Yes, I agree.

I still don’t understand why this is so difficult for Steiny to implement. I’ve wanted this forever, but am not holding my breath that the Steiny programers want to do it…or are even capable of doing it. :confused:

Is this just speculation about a paid 7.5? I haven’t heard anything official

The Score Editor can’t import music XML files properly, that’s a really basic thing for me, but that should be in 7.07 and not a paid update.

Yes it is speculation. I think the OP is drawing that conclusion from the previous 6.5 paid update. There is no reason outside of that to suspect Steinberg will do the same again, other than it may have been beneficial to them financially and they thought the work warranted the extra. I know I bought it because I felt it offered options I wanted and was willing to pay for. If they do the same again I will evaluate it on the same criteria.

smart tool like in SONAR X2 to improve the workflow with automation lanes, just ALT click to select range and double click to to adjust the range value (like in protools too) - no more macros!
I like the whole idea with the Sonar smart tool.

for example whatch from 1:40 to 1:44 : SONAR X2: Get Started - Smart Tool - YouTube

I wish the virtual Ninjas were still available. :wink: :wink: :wink: