[ISSUE] Nuendo 6 & UltraNova

[ISSUE] First, sorry for not posting this correctly the first time, having forgotten to follow your preferred format [ ]. :blush: But I am hoping someone may have a fix or resolve for this ISSUE.

From within our Mac Book Pro (Retina), Novation’s UltraNova is working perfectly well within Nuendo-6 as a master controller for all of our VST Instruments (HALion, StylusRMX, Omnisphere, Trillian and the rest…) however it will not play its own sound patches. It look as if the sound is playing but nothing is audible via the monitor as it is with all of the other loaded VST Instruments. UltraNova is supposed to work similarly to that of a regular VST instrument from within the DAW and I should (according to all of the hardware and software documentation and videos) be able to hear its audio via assigning and monitoring it by way of an audio track after loading it as normal midi track via its VST routed incident, but there’s no manner (as far as we can see) in which to assign it to an audio track to act as a monitoring or bouncing vehicle for UltraNova’s patches.

I am able to use the UltraNova’s Software Editor and Liberian to load Banks and Patches as well as manipulate their parameters with not problem at all via the software as well as see the changes take place instantaneously on and within UltraNova’s actual hardware (“if Nuendo is not in play mode” that is). I’m even able to see the UltraNova’s VST audio’s volume LED lighting up as if its playing or cycling through Midi Notes I’ve Laid in via UltraNova BUT CAN NOT hear any sound. If Nuendo is “in play mode” and I Try To Open UltraNova’s editor or Librarian, Nuendo immediately stops! Until such time that I have made the adjustments from within the software and Close The Editor. I can than start Nuendo’s record or play modes again, but not at the same time as the editor or librarian is open.

From everything I have read and viewed on the internet, I’ve not seen this as being an issue with any other DAW. All of the video’s I have seen, even those in which CUBASE is the example DAW, there’s no issues hearing UltraNova’s patches nor manipulating any of its parameter, LFO, Patches, Bank-changes, Filters or anything while the DAW is in play or record mode.

Perhaps its a configuration issue? We’ve taken our time for the last four days now (almost without any brake) to follow Novations’ Instructions as closely as possible. With UltraNova having no issues working within CUBASE in their example documentation, I don’t understand what could be going wrong regarding our two issues within Nuendo. Number 1.: No Sound and 2.: Nuendo Stoping its Play or Record Mode anytime UltraNova’s editor /librarian software is opened from UltraNova’s VST slot. :confused:

Any possible assistance would be so greatly appreciated :frowning: and we thank you in advance for same. :slight_smile:

Warmest regards,

WAS ABLE TO RESOLVE ALL OF MY ISSUES WITH EXCEPTION OF THE MATTER OF TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TRACK UltraNova’s AUDIO :smiley:

THE RESOLVE OF THE OTHER ISSUES REGARDING THE UltraNova’s EDITOR AND LIBERIAN NOT WORKING AT THE SAME TIME NUENDO IS PLAYING. ALTHOUGH IT SOUNDS WACK :astonished: , AND COUNTERINTUITIVE, :question: but…RELOADING THE OLD DRIVERS AND THAN REINSTALLING THE NEWLY UPDATED ONES WORKED… I HAVE KNOW IDEA AS TO WHY, BUT IT DID AND HAS ALSO WORKED FOR OTHERS AS I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT. SO…IF YOUR HAVING THE SAME ISSUE IT SHOULD WORK FOR YOU AS WELL

As for the issue still not resolved regarding being unable to hear any sound from UltraNova, if anyone can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jonathan,

Please don’t use CAPS.
It is regarded as shouting.

Fredo