Need help with N6/Artist MC set up

For a minute there, I thought it was going to turn out to be as simple as swapping out a bad cat 5 cable. But I changed several now and have a good ethernet crossover cable installed. No change. MC client service opens and tells me what version of Eucon I’m running (3.0). If that’s all it does, then it’s running. If it’s supposed to do more than that, then it’s not.

There doesn’t seem to be any “activity flashing lights” for the port on the router where the MC is installed. Both of my PCs are showing activity in their respective ports. That’s why I started swapping out cables. But when I swapped out the same cables to check internet connections, they all worked in every port of the router. So I ruled that out as the problem.

The video said that SB would require my serial number from the MC to get my activation code. But when I went to register the hardware, it only asked what kind of controller - SB or Euphonix. When I selected Euphonix, it just gave me the activation code without entering the serial number of the hardware. Is that missing step causing this issue?

The workstations tab shows my OWNER PC in the “All Workstations” and “My Workstations” windows. But the “Attached” column in the “My Workstations” window is only showing a large “X.” Should I be seeing N6 in this column?

As I said, none of the channel strip lights or Master Section lights are lit on the MC. I have one page that says “Welcome to Artist Series” which also shows the OWNER PC sign at the upper left of the screen. This indicates that both controller and PC “see” each other. But that’s as far as it goes. Tehre wasn’t any information in the set-up document that wasn’t covered in the video tutorial. What am I missing? More clues please.