7.5 Wishlist

Indeed speculation, you’re absolutelly right. I agree with everything you just said.

Thing is, the broad subject right now is product life cycle and upgrades. The 6.5 paid upgrade estabilished something different for Steinberg, and I should also mention the fact that v7 finally made it into the online upgrade model, so we can all agree that SB changed a bit and went for something different. Therefore, making the assumption that there will be a paid 7.5 is not far-fetched and imho totally believable if you look at the big picture. I think we might even get a Cubase 8 cheaper than it was to get v7, but let’s not go there yet.

So far, the transition from 6 to 7 was more expensive if take into account the 6.5 but we got some decent content with those upgrades. We can all agree that 6.5 was a nice upgrade and imho money well spent. My point with this thread is: if there’s gonna be a paid 7.5 and we have more-than-decent reasons to believe that, let’s make our money worth something.

Cheers!

I would like to see automation done like Pro Tools. I would love to be able to highlight a section of audio with the selection tool then “grab” the automation line and just move it up or down (in a straight line) This to me would make Cubase automation the BEST!

nexis

Are you saying that adjusts the parameter values across all the automation point in the selection?

If so, is that % or absolute?

How is that really different from Cubase? I can select a bunch of automation points by drawing a rectangle around them, and even press Ctrl to add more sections, then just move the centre top of the resulting light grey rectangle up or down to adjust them all by %.

I found this very useful when sculpturing around vocals because I can select only the upper points and move them up or down independent of the lower points and vice versa.

Guys. Already has release date to Cubase 7.5 ?

I would like to see a dramatic improvement in how Cubase handles “frozen” instrument tracks. They’re audio, but they’re not really audio, because you cannot touch them. Heck, they don’t even stretch with the other tracks. Totally inflexible.

I’d like to see a button that transforms an instrument track into an audio one right away with just one click, without bouncing/mixing down/exporting/etc.

…including automation nodes! I thought I would get used to them disappearing, but it’s still driving me crazy.

+1. Hover stuff is NOT touch-friendly.

I honestly don’t think this will ever happen, as once rendered, quality is gone and when mixed it is noticeable.

I would like to see the quick controls improved like what they have in ableton live, so we can map several parameters to one slider with different strength to each parameters.

This is missing big time in cubase.

Yes please +1. That’d be great, with an option to record only the VSTi direct output(s) and put it on a new track with the same plugins.

Mike.

Nope. My bet: around April 2014, but this is only a wild guess.

Cool idea, that would be lovely.

:mrgreen:

Think it’s great that personnel changes are wanting. But please Steinberg. Not all are professionals and earn money with Cubase, but everyone wants to use your software because we like it. Do not make absurd prices because I think some people killed themselves to raise money for the purchase of the software and the opportunity to learn music in a good DAW. Do not forget us.

+1

How about a macro type control setup similar to the rack in ableton live or the macros in NI massive where you can assign multiple automation parameters to one control that goes from 1 to 100. Then each of those parameters have their own depth ranges assigned to them ( so for example 2 EQ frequency nodes…one goes from 500hz to 100 hz and the other node goes from 1500hz to 500hz…but each are just 1 to 100 on the macro control.) this would help with 3rd party VSTs having a finite amount of space in the automation lane in Cubase. Trying to automate an iztope EQ in the automation lane from 200hz to 500hz gives you about 10 pixels of room in the automation lane…even if you zoom in all the way!

Very fair and I agree with that.

After Logic dropped to 200 usd, it would be wise to any company that ships a DAW to reconsider their pricing strategy.

What does Logic offer that Cubase doesn’t?

Posts like this rattle my cage…Newsflash…Apple makes a ton of money off the computers that run Logic. They could probably give Logic away if it meant that it sold more Macs

If money is a problem and your not a professional on your next upgrade maybe you should look into Reaper and building your own PC instead of expecting Steinberg to lower the prices so you can use professional software in your hobby. Reaper with a modern PC is more than capable

If you want to deal with a company that keeps it’s users in the dark and leaves people wondering if there is even going to be another version have fun with that

If you love Cubase that much go out and earn some extra money so you can afford the $150 a year upgrades to stay current make the best music you can and quit whining

^^

People who can’t see two inches past their own noses.

Just what we need in this community.

Bob Taylor, of Taylor guitars, recently wrote in his magazine about what type of buyers of his guitars he should cater for. While he personally preferred to pay more and get quality, as a business owner, he had to think about whether they should only cater for buyers with similar standards, rather than also making cheaper guitars to appeal to the budget strapped. He still tends towards the former.

SB has to contend with the same issues. However, they have made cheaper, but less capable versions, to cater for those with lesser incomes.

The elephant in the room is Apple, whose iOS app store has contributed to the notion that software should be very cheap. Well, they make 30% of EVERYTHING sold, whereas 99.99% of app writers will NEVER break even. But Apples makes big of how much they paid out! For that 99.99%, they would be better off just getting Lotto tickets – they would probably make more, or at least lose less, and have much more family time.

If one is NOT making money out of making music, don’t EXPECT those making the programs you WANT to use subsidise your unrealistic spending habits. If you cannot afford to buy the things that require a lot of peoples’ time and effort, find something that does cost as much as what you believe YOUR efforts are worth.

We have not yet made money enough off our music to cover our expenses, but we are not stupid enough to think that we can have top end programs at bargain prices, regardless of the distorted thinking that has gripped the software market.

The fact remains that DAW software is always the cheapest component of any quality audio rig you can build.