SDK Update / Tango [SOLVED]

I have PM’d Timo 3 times on this subject since June, and have not had as much as an acknowledgement!

We are still using 5.5.6 and can’t move forward, as the N6 new features are not available in the remote SDK. I have spoken with the SmartAV team, and have been assured that they can’t implement the new features in N6 without Steinberg’s help. Would someone from Steinberg please clarify the position on this so that we (the customers) can make informed decisions regarding which tools to use to get the job done.

Many thanks

So Timo, what progress has been made?

How can you expect us to upgrade to Nuendo-6 if it will not function correctly with SmartAV Tango?

Why is this issue being ignored by Steinberg?

It is interesting to note that Timo is responding to other posts made at much the same time as posts here, but that he appears to be ignoring this thread!

I just discovered this thread…and I’m confused.
I was about to change all my setup ( 3 DAW station) equiped with SSL matrix and nucleus, and was thinking to buy 3 nuendo licences (the better for my job) and selling all my SSL hardware I don’t want anymore, and then buy a tango (I tested it with V5 and I love this mixer), but…
What can I do?
Wait?
I won’t buy any licence until nuendo doesn’t work with tango…for sure…and I won’t buy nuage for sure too…
Please Steinberg, give me good news…

Welcome to the forum - I hope you like being ignored!

The Tango and Nuendo-5 do work very well together, but not Tango and Nuendo-6 and we do not seem to be getting anywhere.

Without any current comments from Steinberg we don’t know if they are helping SmartAV with this or whether they are deliberately not helping them in the hope that we will all go and buy Nuage (not going to happen!).

I have just asked Niko at SmartAV for an update on what is going on (if anything) so will post here when I get a reply.

The last email I had from Niko on this subject (20/08/13) was that Steinberg had responded to his email saying “they may provide some more information sometime in the future”

Hardly a workable solution !

Wow - they are obviously really keen to help out!

wow…Ok now I understand…
Some business guy from Digidesign have been fired and steinberg engage them… :smiley:
If I understand Nuendo become more and more hermetic to external controllers, and the best way to use this software correctly is to buy a Yamaha Nuage…
Bravo…you’re doing exactly the way digidesign does, and benito too, Adolf, Franco…and others I forgot…
:cry:
I was about to bought 3 licences…I would like to thank guy who complain in forum and opened my eyes…I was dreaming…thinking I’ve found the best solution for me and my crew…nuendo…and his nuage…oups mirage!!!

You could always buy a Nuage. Except if you’re in New York nobody knows where they are and where to buy them.

Good stuff. The ministry of ministries is governing the ministry of information adequately I think.

I would really be more confident in my multiple Steinberg purchases if someone would address these concerns. C’mon Timo, you can’t think this is a good thing. john.

Well…I’m running a N6 demo here with a SSL matrix, and what can I say? I miss a real control surface but I love it, I love it, I love it…
Please steinberg bring me tango and I will be the most happy in my job…

Hi Timo,

I know you are around, so perhaps you would be kind enough to take a couple of seconds to answer this:

Has anything been done ‘to speed up the process’? (certainly nothing has been done to keep us informed).

chris

SmartAV have released a new version (v.3.2.2) which seems to cover many of the changes in N6.

There are lots of new programmable commands and the EQ seems to be working!

Good news, I would like to see it in action…

Hello,

yes, this update should solve the problems. We have just discussed the status with Smart AV
and they assured us that it will be the solution.

Thanks,
Timo

Oh, there you are - welcome back.

It’s good to see you comment on this subject Timo, I thought we’d lost you!

The new N6 EQ is now properly mapped to Tango which is a great step forward. What’s the situation with the new channel functions in N6 ( Tape/Tube Sat, Comps, trans shaper etc…) Will they be made available in the remote SDK?

Thanks
Andrew

Hello,

yes I’m still here :wink:
I try to be in the forums (and different topics) as often as possible.
However, I’ll go to AES/NY soon which means I need to leave the
forum again for a couple of days…

Thanks
Timo

This is a quote from an email I received yesterday from SmartAV: “…we have no way of controlling new N6 MixConsole parameters until Steinberg provides us with documentation / new Remote SDK”

At the moment the Tango can only open and close the Racks, so it would be great if the Channel Strip effects parameters were made available in the Remote SDK.

Hello,

the channel strip is a different topic. SmartAV - such as any other 3rd party - is using the remote connection kit at their own “risk” as it is not yet an “officially” supported Steinberg SDK. This is a known fact. However, as I stated in previous emails, we will try to help them where can to map the new parameters, even though they’re able to do it themselves.
I will push this topic again inhouse.

Thanks,
Timo