Issue using endless knobs with C6 commands... [SOLVED !]

I add to the ‘flag’ setting in my MPD32 Generic Remote definition file an 8 value, as I supposed that this is the correct value for the Soft takeover to be active. It doesn’t work - stating this, I mean that using the involved knob leads to the same behavior as if the flag 4th bit value was not set.

I failed configuring MIDI-OX properly. The whole thing is cryptic and the ‘help’ is useless (see the MIDI-OX_Settings.png attachment). I can’t get the configuration in order to have this simple routing :

E-DSP MIDI port 2 → MIDI Mapper → MIDI-OX Event port → MIDI Yoke 1

Unless I’m completely dumb, I think that this is the routing to get MIDI-OX transform an incoming MIDI controller message to another one. It simply doesn’t work and the ‘Help’ is absolutly of no… help : no examples, and as often in so-called help/user manuals, there are general considerations about what the software can do but no actual description and/or step-to-step way to do so. Few questions here :

1. why doesn’t the MIDI-OX Events port appear in the MIDI Inputs panel ?
  2. How are the MIDI Mapper and the MIDI-OX Events ports interact ? No description about this.
  3. What does the Monitor output window actually shows ? The message from the MIDI mapper or the MIDI Yoke 1 output ?

The result is that, no matter what I try, the best I can get is a filtered (why the filtering, by the way ?) message as output, despite the added line in the ‘Transform map’ dialog to change any NRPN CC96 message to a Ctrl 54 one (see the MIDI-OX_TransformMap.png attachment)…

Could you be more precise, here ?

No, it doesn’t receive realtime CC changes, but this is probably because the MPD32 MIDI input connection is designed only for synchronizing it to another device and also to receive already saved SysEx configurations. But maybe it also has something to do with the fact that I use the MPD32 with MIDI cables, rather than an USB connection, who knows ? Beside this, changing a value on the MPD32 continues from the correct spot in Cubase.

So, the whole thing seems to be without solution and i’m almost giving up. Not worth the hassle… But thanks again for your help.

The only thing that I’m noticing is that the so-called full implemented MIDI capable Cubase host is not able to cope with NRPN incr/decr messages… :imp:

Steiny ? Chris Dobbs (as I see him interviening in different threads here, in the C6 forum) ? :confused:
MIDI-OX_TransformMap.png