YAMAHA Nuage & Steinberg Nuendo 6 @ AES New York

Hi

visited a few times today but didn’t see you… Not to worry. A big show this time , nice to see.

However I was very disappointed at Yamaha’s presentation of Nuage, and absolutely no public facing evidence that Nuendo ( or Cubase) even exists.

Nuage was hidden away in a tiny windowed box at the back of the Yamaha booth… It had Nuage stickers on the windows admittedly, but the door was closed and there was never more than two people inside. It looked and felt like a private meeting room. It wasn’t … but it clearly didn’t yell ‘hey come and see!’ Even the room’s windows were too small to peer in from the outside. there wasn’t a mention of Nuendo or Steinberg anywhere to be seen, except on the back pages of the Nuage brochure which was at the back of the stand with the marketing for all of Yamaha’s myriad of other mixers.

I can’t believe there was no on screen demo of Nuendo … Maybe even running with Nuage. How is anyone even to know it exists? I’d be furious if I was SB… This is New York folks… ProTools as usual was in full demo mode at their stand, I saw Logic, Sonar, Fairlight, Sampletude, Studio 1 … All in use at various booths. Not once did I see Cubase or Nuendo. What’s up with that?

It’s the US sure, but if the parent company doesn’t fly the flag for their own brands how are new users ever to get interested? Let alone invest.

I’m never buying a Nuage, but Nuendo is another matter… Why isn’t there a more public face for the product as a real alternative to PT?