Request: Revert FX Plugin Insert Handling

Read only! All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 can be found here.

Request: Revert FX Plugin Insert Handling

Postby tekniq » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:38 am

It was nice in Earlier Cubase versions.

But now When I want to edit the FX Insert or Want to remove it I always misclick and have the presets and crap..

Please give us the option to revert it back to the old behaviour where I was quick!
tekniq

Re: Request: Revert FX Plugin Insert Handling

Postby r.u.sirius » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:08 pm

big +1

probably it´s just me, but I cannot get used to the way, many things have to be done in the new mixer
C6.5/7.5 32bit | WL8 | FF800 | 2x UAD2 Quad | Win7 64 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i7-2600K | 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800U
r.u.sirius

Postby raios_parta » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:35 am

r.u.sirius wrote:big +1

probably it´s just me, but I cannot get used to the way, many things have to be done in the new mixer

No, it's not just you.

The new mixer seems to have been specifically designed in the most illogical and difficult to use possible way. It is simply retarded.

And likewise for the control room mixer. While the previous one was intuitive and logical, and anyone would figure it out quickly, this new one is full of aberrations like invisible buttons that require a visit to the manual just figure out what was obvious before.

I actually wonder if anyone in Steinberg actually uses Cubase.
raios_parta

Postby tze019 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 am

I agree, the hidden buttons make workflow so much more challenging. The expandable rack is ugly, frustrating, and cumbersome. The previous version of side selection buttons to change between inserts, sends, cues, etc... worked so much more intuitively.

I understand some really enjoy it, but it would be really nice to have the option to choose between the "Classic" or the "new" mix console.

Without something like this, I will be forced to change DAWs for the first time in 14 years. That's how disruptive the new mix console is to my workflow. I actually have to stop what I'm doing to think about the mouse and where it's hovering. I've also been using C7 now for 6+ months to make sure I had a healthy adjustment period since I know I'm not comfortable with change.

I really hope this is something Steinberg institutes in the next update. This is the first time I'm frustrated with CuBase in my history of use.
tze019

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions