Mid-side lop-side [solved, and how!]

I did already know that but please don’t apologise, it’s better to explain too much than too little.

The mid-side side of the H2n has two built-in mics: a cardioid and figure-of-8, set up exactly as you would in the studio. The H2n stores everything in stereo files, so in MS-RAW mode mid/side → L/R, which it then post-processes through a built-in internal matrix (which they release as a VST plugin too) so you can hear the file back in stereo and adjust the width through the line out. But the important point is that however you chose to monitor, you have an importable stereo file with separate mid and side channels available to with as you wish - build your own matrix or use the supplied VST. (For the sake of completeness I should add that what I’m describing is the H2n’s MS-RAW mode. You can store a ready-processed fixed-width stereo WAV but I don’t use it [edit: ha!] because you can’t do anything with it in the daw.)

Anyway, that’s how I understand it from the manual.

And it’s thanks to writing all that I thought I’d just check the manual and now I think I’ve sussed the problem: I’m a great big eejit! It seems that while ****ing about with the H2n the afternoon before the recording (because I haven’t used it that much) I accidentally set the damn thing to MS-STEREO mode. Never mind, at least it’s recorded but I’ve just learnt a hard lesson. Don’t **** about with stuff which was set just fine before you touched it. And never assume you did things the way you thought you did.

Madre mía! See sig…

I’m going to check this out now in Cubase but it explains so much…