YAMAHA Nuage & Steinberg Nuendo 6 @ AES New York

Our system has 2 fader banks, one control and a workspace.
In total, we have 4 screens.

The screen on the far right, in front of the workspace is a multi-purpose screen.
By using workspaces, we quickly switch between extended project monitor, marker/pool window and other uses.
You can put all of your plugins on that screen and happily switch between workspaces hiding and showing those plugin GUI’s.

It’s a little bit easy to shout “bad design” without having explored the possibilities.
And they are close to endless.
There is no board in the world which is going to be adapted to the specific workflow and needs of an individual user.
And yes, there are things that could have been better. As with any controller.
The difference between Nuage and any other controller is that it’s easy to get past these shortcomings. I don’t have any problem in using the mouse and keyboard from time to time. In fact I see the controller as a giant extention/add-on to my old way of working. (Remember that I am not a fan of controllers) There are jus too many things that still go faster and require less clicks and pushbuttons with a mouse & keyboard than with a controller. I don’t see why it should be one or the other.

Fredo