Cubasis 1.8 - Roadmap

I think its pretty clear that this year ends in 2 months and we can wait rather than to pressurise on exact date.

Speak for yourself.

No more waiting Beatmaker 2.5 got IAA today.

In Beatmaker 2.5 e GarageBand, IAA synth are only AUDIO SOURCE: you can not record and edit MIDI notes of IAA instruments. You can only play and record synths as an audio track.
With cubasis 1.7 you can also send midi notes to IAA?

But whats the catch with IAA? Is almost same like audiobus… Infact audio bus didnt stutter like it did with garage band and alchemy.

Please, release date of Cubasis 1.7 … :slight_smile:

Program changes in cubasis…I’m using a roland bk9 keyboard …
and for the life of me, can’t figure out how to get cubasis to call up the internal sounds of my roland bk9…the 2 units ARE talking to each other on all 16 midi channels but I only get the piano sound on EACH midi track I record…help, please

Bob

Midi mapping for external midi hardware
Much needed…I can’t access all of those great sounds my hardware synth has to offer while using Cubasis

Need IAA ASAP. Pls release your much hyped update

Hello,

Our current plan is to release the 1.7 update this month.

If you include better instruments will be great. Also some features like to adjust the monopoly, legato, and pitch bend values.

yes, you should definitely add a feature to adjust the monopoly value, i’m really sick of the fixed monopoly, it’s my number one source of existential discontent.

who else craveth a polyopoly mode?

One more thing i would love to see in cubasis, which is more important, the ability to tune the keyboard to custom scales, omitting black keys. Because the main advantage of portability for me is to just bring ipad mini while travelling, not any midi controller or cables for better playability. Something like the chord pads. It is available in garageband.

Are you referring to polyphony?

No. Monophony and settings for legato, portamento etc.

Please add shared duplicate feature like in cubase. If i want to copy paste a midi event, then later i change some values in one midi event, it must reflect in all pasted shared duplicates.

And also possibility to have separate midi tracks for an instrument. For example drum kit, i want separate midi track for kick, snare n hihats for same instrument loaded. This way no need to load another kit for snare n kick, whoch takes more memory. This way editing just snare or hi hats could be easier, in terms of copying pasting.

I don’t desired shared duplicates or separate tracks for snare/kick etc. I think the midi editor is extremely efficient with the new features that were added and those features would cause clutter and confusion in the GUI… maybe I’m wrong but that’s my 2 cents.

Will we see inter app audio track freeze available and 1.7? is that possible? my iPad 3 is choking up just using MoDrum and nlog. I realize Audiobus works for this but if I do that I have to play the whole track and it takes a long time.

No, you are right actually. But an option to do so would be good and saves time. Especially those who want to do a scratch work before importing it to cubase to complete, who don’t have to load too many instruments or effect plugins, in terms of clutter issues.

Hi Mr.Carlo,
Your current plan should have been 1.8. But it is really unfortunate for folks like us to know that you are still caught up on 1.7. LOL…

If Steinberg could manage automation and IAA in a single update, then they will be the king of ios DAWs.

You gotta learn what your peer competitors are doing. Wavemachinelabs are on the verge of releasing their midi implementation on Auria.

We all love desktop versions of DAWs released by Steinberg and are confident of what Steinberg can do. I mean Steinberg is still the best developer out there. But they should know that others are also catching up soon or rather at the verge of overtaking them at least on ios platform

Thanks and Regards,
Denny