POLL: Clicking and fiddling in the new mixer.

Today I’ve open a old project in N5.5 and I was happy. The new N6 Mixer looks tidier maybe and the controlroom part with meters are good and easy to manage, but this hover things make me total nervous and it’s tiring. Yes please, give us the Buttons back! There is so much free space for this. And for the channelstrip … it sounds nice, but its difficult to set it right with these small buttons, so I use only Tapesat. BTW, I don’t need a scalable mixer, because with every change in dimensions, I have to search the things new with my mouse. My mixer is on my secound monitor, with always the same dimensions, so I hit the buttons in N5 mixer almost blind. I’ll begin my next project in N5.5 again.

Man you’re really becoming annoying…
Why all the hate ?
It seems you don’t even realize how you come across.

To the subject of this poll and your control room crusade :
I don’t mind clicking more, I don’t find the mixer unworkable.
I have lots of work that I achieve in Nuendo 6 daily.
I voted 2.
I open two control rooms if I need to see meters and destinations.
I don’t wish you to get banned.
Keep your private warnings well… private if they’ve been sent privately or else, what is your goal ? That we stand up for you ?
Jake68, get out of Lydiot now !

^Agree with this.

In my humble opinion, Lydiot, we’re all aware of the issue you and 69 other users (according to this poll) have with the Control Room Mixer.

We’ve all spent thousands of dollars on the software too.

Your “poll” polled less than 100 people. That’s a poll of most people who visited the thread in general.

That’s not to say we’re not sympathetic to the cause. Just that we’re all in the know that you don’t like it. Just about more than anyone else.

It’s clear.

I’m not sure why you responded publicly to a PM either, but whatever. But it seems odd, unless you’re trying to bring attention to the fact that someone, perhaps on the management side, doesn’t believe you are handling yourself in a manner that adheres to the forum guidelines. I don’t know whether or not that’s legit, but if you’re confused why we’re confused, that might explain it. I would be equally confused as to why I’m taking up space on this thread talking about this anyways. I’m sure that’s why Timo shut down the GUI thread as I was responding to you - it’s all been discussed before, it’s not changing.

Far be it for me to speak for everyone on the forum, though.

So, what’s next?

Cheers all.

I’m with Bifop and Phonetical. Just wrapped a very heavy indie feature and loved working in N6. Sure, some things changed but a (to me) slight workflow change or two and I was just as fast. And frankly, there are features in N6 that made the project much more manageable.
As to the PM question, if words/phrases like “…crap move…” and “…idiocy…” are considered polite in your world…

John

You know guys, you’re all absolutely correct. I’ll stop posting negative stuff from now on. I’ll keep that on other websites.

I’ll also try to post less in general here.

Ah, of course.

You have many valid points and a good understanding of Nuendo, Lydiot. It would be a shame if your input was left out in future versions.

You’re suggesting that we’re against posting negative thoughts on the design of Nuendo, and we all know that’s false. We all have our gripes.

And although you deleted your post that we were responding to, understand that as users that have paid thousands of dollars, as paying customers just like you, we are just as driven to keep the Control Room the same. I cannot imagine you would expect us to let you push this forward without speaking up in support of the new CR Mixer design.

Good luck.

Lydiot, it’s a pity that you take it the wrong way.

Since you’ve erased your post, it might be pointless to try to explain where you got it wrong.

But in case you care for your future forum participations here or elsewhere, it is about expression bandwidth.
We can’t have : (long) time of speech / (strong) intensity of speech / (short) time between reiteration.

I’m not wishing you to leave and I appreciate and read most of the helpful posts you write.
Then, the other you, over-passionate about some design issues, is so negative and unruly, that he puts noise into your signal flow…
It masks the true meaning of the message.

Ok, end of OT for me.

To plea with us not to drive more people away from the forum is. IMO, an inaccurate request. What you’re asking us to do is to lie quiet while others scream and insist for change. I will ask you to do the same in return then, and I’m sure you’ll stop.

I don’t think anyone here has questioned Lydiot’s MO or dedication to helping to make Nuendo a better product. But please. Let’s not misplace responsibility for Lydiot deleting his/her posts or driving him/her from the forum. Good god, for real?

I’ve not encountered a DAW manufacturer that responds to its customers in the manner some insist Steinberg should be able to accommodate. Maybe one exists. Would love to see it happen more.

If the problem is that Steinberg doesn’t communicate with it’s customers, I’m sure there’s a thread for that. To integrate that sentiment into multiple threads, many which have nothing to do with the problem of communication from Steinberg, just populates the threads with negative banter. That’s fine, I just wouldn’t expect people to let you railroad through without speaking up. I wonder if that’s the reason there’s only 100 left on the forum?

I just think many have elected to move on. If folks are stuck on feeling like they’re not being listened to, then maybe there’s a better way to communicate. Maybe not. Who knows?

Respect.

Some are more passionate than others when they express how they feel. I am hoping that Lydiot will continue to be passionate here on this forum. I am sure he has been one of the leading voices that have helped to improve N6 up to this point.
N6 is really great for me and I have trouble understanding how some can say that N5 is overall better to the point where they won’t use N6, but that’s me. I don’t use the control room but a quick look at it seems to show that some improvements are in order, but the new mixer is much faster for me and better with each improvement. Everyone has a different work flow however and who am I to say that someone who has difficulty with N6 is wrong.

I say keep the comments coming and Steinberg please continue listening to us.

Dean

It is interesting to see that after the Nuendo forum has been “opened” to non-Nuendo users, the poll started to move away from the very clear 97% of pure real Nuendo user’s sentiment. I wonder if from now on it will be even more difficult to make our voice heard by Steinberg (not that we have been particularly successful before!).

The new mixer environment ist still a step backwards for me when using it in media postproduction. And I hope, people here are judging it under this condition, since Nuendo is, or should be, optimized for that business!

There is not a single new feature in CR which makes that new GUI coherent for me.

The rack-style in mixer might be modern-looking (I do not deny that), but as long as mixer shortcuts do not work without mouse-clicking in mixer, the old one was way faster! And the old one had nearly all the same extended areas. Nothing new of importance at least.

The mouse-over-popups are making fast work in mixer unpossible, when having the mixer zoomed to it’s smallest size (like the narrow view in old mixer for having multiple channels available). Try to open/close racks or setting up new plugins! It is a horrible clicking-procedure.

And (since it is also part of mixing) this tabbing in that channel window is an absolut no-go compared to that great and fully customisable window in the previous versions!

And I can not imagine that anybody here really feels contrary to that issues…?

FTR, I like (very much):
Track-list on the left
Quick linking features (although they seem to be a bit buggy atm)

But that’s it, I’m afraid.

I am hoping very much that steinberg works on that usability fast and immediately. Then I am sure the new mixer can get powerful. Propably good things come to those who wait.

+100. Discussion. Passion. Progress. Good things.

Is the sentiment that those voting in favor are non-professionals, amateurs, and hobbyists? I ask only because it wouldn’t be the first time someone questioned my professionalism, paying business, and daily work based on my favorable opinion of the CR Mixer. And here, we’re talking about the vote now being tampered with by impure Nuendo users?

I think discussion is key. Why pure vs. non-Nuendo users would even be brought up in this context, especially to suggest an inaccuracy with a poll of around only 100 people, is not doing anything to get the CR Mixer changed. Maybe it will?

That being said, I’d certainly push for a CR Mixer option to use the old GUI. I wouldn’t need it, but I see the need for Steinberg to address this to some degree. I imagine it will take time, and communicating with us only takes more time away from them doing anything. But I really have no idea. I am not holding my breath.

Cheers all!