Groove Agent 4 announcement

Development process: Years ago Steinberg put a project timeline on the website with a marker showing the current status of the development (can’t remember which product, maybe Halion 3?) I thought it was a clever way to keep us informed without committing to a date, while eliminating the “when is it coming out?” posts.

Groove Agent’s main strength is the wide variety of patterns and fills for a given style, in progressive complexities, with MIDI output. Optional integration of that with forms in either the Marker Track [Intro/Verse/Pre-chorus/Chorus/Turnaround/Bridge/Breakdown/Outro/etc.] and/or Arranger Track would help.

GA3’s main disappointment was the lack of MIDI export for the Special Agent and Percussion Agent. Don’t do that again.

When I use Random Fill, I’d like to be able to X out certain fills that aren’t working in a particular song, kind of like LoopMash does.

User patterns and fills would be great. A way to humanize the patterns by introducing subtle pattern variations (not just timing variations) would be a middle road between Jamstix and rigid MIDI patterns, and would lessen the need for “more patterns and fills” than the 25 already provided. How many times have I opened a style set in another product, only to get 5 patterns and 2 fills? That’s a fail.