Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness

well not workflow but a useful KC (for me at least :slight_smile: )
open all insert GUI on channel… shift+alt+left click on E button of a channel. to close all of them shift+left click on E again

Great stuff here guys…

For me, I have almost all my key commands set to my left hand so my right leaves the mouse as little as possible.

A=Add audio track
F=Snap on/off
Alt+S=Detect Silence
Ctrl+B=Bounce Audio
Ctrl+X=Export Audio
Shift+S=Silence
Ctrl+Alt+D=Detele Overlap

Just a few i customized that I use VERY often.

1 Like

Wonderful idea. Keeping this hard wired live REC buss so to speak.

There’s a cool thing I discovered. there are some tool modifiers that are not assigned to any Key and one of them is really useful (for me). In preference, under tool modifiers, range tool, you’ll find “Select Full Vertical” … what that does is that if you resise multiple midi notes or audio events with that comand, (let say you’re resising the end of multiple files) it won’t keep their end positions but all the event ends will align. So let say you recorded a vocal part multiple times and they are all stack but some are longer, select them all, resise the begining and the end with that command and they’ll all be the same lenght. Same for midi :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, how long has this one been hidden from the general public?
Haven’t been able to do this since Nu2 and I’ve missed it badly.
Has this been there all along?
Let’s hear it for Steinberg’s documentation!

Thank you so much for this one!
I have brought this up before but no one ever had an answer.
I thought they did away with it.

it’s been this way as far as i can remember. i habitually try all different modifiers on various controls, it’s usually faster then reading the manual which is lacking sometimes.

the issue is, there’s no KC assignable to opening the GUIs of all the inserts on a channel. (there are, however, individual generic remote commands to open insert #1, insert #2, and so forth.)

there is, however, a KC to ‘close all’ plugin GUIs that are currently opened on the screen, at once. pretty handy. (ie. the same as going shift+left mouse click on any ‘e’ button in the arrange. found under “mixer > windows: close all plugins”.)

what you’re in fact describing is the “size objects>common position” modifier. (“select full vertical” is handy for moving around chunks of the whole arrange.)

Attach one of those alarms for keys that beeps when you whistle. But turn it off while mixing, else it might be triggered by something in the mix.

i think a new section on the manual or a separate PDF of all Tips and Tricks could be very refreshing way on how to work more efficiently.

Well… i was more thinking of steinberg to put all Tip and Tricks known by them… its their software i guess they know all of the tricks… :exclamation:

That assumes they defined ALL the possible usage scenarios, and PREVENTED ANY others, otherwise just providing a whole bunch of facilities will guarantee that there will be a myriad of things users will be able to do that were never thought of in the design.

im just saying there are good tricks not documented or documented here and there , its good to know them… the user can use them(or not) and also use their own methods and have suggestions too… there is no conflict here.

1 Like

Hi All,

Just a little bump to let you know I’ve updated the post to include the last weeks or so worth of helpful stuff from you to you and sorry it took a while for me to get onto it.

Massive thanks to all those who add their expertise to this.

Also apologies to those tips that aren’t there…some of them are Cubase 6 related or of a more general nature than the post’s intent but are relevant, helpful and definitely appreciated, keep em coming.

Thanks People!

sorry if this has already been done;

Bounce in Place Macro; very useful

http://www.cubasetutorial.net/category/cubase-tutorials/bounce-in-place/

MC

First- Thanks to Rhino for the links. Very helpful info.

Second- could Bane’s ‘The Steinberg Forum Knowledgebase for Users by Users’ be used for this?
There is already a ‘Tips and Tricks’ section.

{‘-’}

Hiya Curteye,

Thanks for the info, I hadn’t found that excellent thread in the lounge, but I was looking for that type of info on Cubase 7 in the Cubase 7 forum, crazy I know.
As you may have noticed, I’m trying to keep all the info in the first post here accessible, C7 specific and ego-less.
I’m happy for this thread to be moved over to the lounge I suppose, but having been lurking this forum in various guises since last century I’d never found that thread and not for a lack of looking.
This one seems to be humming along nicely now and I can’t really see why a C7 specific thread should be moved away from the C7 specific forum.
That said, I will link the knowledgebase thread to the tips post, it looks truly excellent and once again, thanks for pointing it out.
Ohh and I just noticed the tips n tricks section there, is a link to this thread :wink:

Cheers,

Good move Paul. And as you said let’s keep this one going as well.

IMHO it is one of the most useful threads on the site.

A major ‘Mahalo’ for its creation.
{‘-’}