NEW CMC TOOLS AND FIRMWARE

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers

NEW CMC TOOLS AND FIRMWARE

Postby istokblues » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Any news about update and some new functions ?
istok
istokblues

Re: NEW CMC TOOLS AND FIRMWARE

Postby Freddie H » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

I wonder too?

I would like at least that Steinberg add so "PD"'s lights are activated too like the rest of the CMC controllers. ;)

Add a new shift mode. Add so "shift" button are hold "shift-lock" if you held "shift" down for a period time example 2 sec. That would be very useful especial working with "FD" and "CH"-controller, controlling small fader movements. :)

Best Regards
Freddie
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H

Re: NEW CMC TOOLS AND FIRMWARE

Postby BriHar » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Shift lock (2 Sec delay to engage shift tap to disengage) would be very welcome, and not only on the PD.
I'm not sure if lighting the PD buttons is even possible. I suppose for function mode it would be useful, but certainly not in other modes - i.e. where the intensity of the light reflects the pressure.
It is a pity that the pads do not behave (in conjunction with synth e.g. GA1) as they do in the GUI as many had expected. I'm not sure this is possible (never checked whether there is a midi local on/off toggle or something) - of course one can route the track (or copy therof) output to the PD and then it behaves as expected, but this involves an absurd redundancy - might as well just set the PD in demo mode.
...yes I think it can be easily done, just take everything down to Highway 61.

Sun Point Studio Turbenthal, Switzerland

Cubase 7.5.30 - 64bit | Cubase AI7 | WaveLab 8 - 64bit | PT10 | UR28M | UR44 | CMC-PD/4xFD/QC/AI/CH/TP | BCF2000 | Shuttlexpress | Graphire Tablet | Cubendo Custom Keyboard | Lenovo E31 Workstation:Xeon E3-1225V2/3.2GHz; 8GB DDR3 SDRAM; 2x Intel-Flash520 SSD 180GB (C:/D:);1TB 7200rpm Sata3 (F:); DVD RW (E:); Ext. 3TB USB3 Freecom + WD 1TB; Nvidea GeForce GT 630 4GB DDR3 Video Ram AGP PCIE | Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
BriHar

Return to Steinberg CMC Series