n00b here with a recording issue!

Hello. I am a complete noob when it comes to recording and using Cubase. I know how to record a simple audiotrack with an instrument and play it back, but here’s the problem! All too often the recording stops on its own. For instance, if I press the recording button and start playing, I can see the “waves” of the sound I’m playing, but then suddenly the “wave portion” completely disappears, but the scroller keeps moving forward even though I’m far from finished with recording. The problem with this is also that it stops randomly. Sometimes it stops at 20 seconds, sometimes 1 min 30 seconds etc. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. This is very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I’m using windows 8 64-bit, Cubase 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL and Yamaha HS5 Monitors.

Have you tried the tweaks in this thread? Steinberg Forums

SteveInChicago, you are my hero! Thank you very much for your help, the advice in that thread really helped me out and solved the problem. Very kind of you. I tried searching for threads with the same problem, but I just couldn’t find any. Cheers! :slight_smile:

:smiley: