Cubase Artist 6/7 Comparison (help?)

They are separate programs. You can leave 6 installed.
J.L.

Cheers Jaslan,

So am am best to keep BOTH versions (Artist 6 & 7) on my PC ?? Could i not get ‘conflictions’ by having two Cubase programs onboard ??

i have never upgraded before and so i want to make sure i do it the correct way !! :astonished:

Ta,

Paul

It doesn’t matter, they can live together just fine but they don’t need eachother. I suggest you keep 6 until you are sure the conversion is complete and all your old projects open fine in your new Cubase.

Cheers Strophoid,

Thats a really good idea, ta.

So the Uprgrade to Artist 7 RETAINS Artist 6 on a PC. i thought it would automatically erase it. i did not realise you could have BOTH programs running on the same PC.

But obviously you need Artist 6 in the first place to upgrade (otherwise you would have to buy Artist 7 from scratch).

Thanks,

Paul

Actually, the only thing you need in order to upgrade is the LICENSE. You don’t even need to have Cubase 6 installed during the upgrade. Your Cubase 6 license will be replaced with a C7 license (which will run prior versions of Cubase). But the programs themselves are basicallly untouched and irrelevant in the upgrade process.

Thanks Jaslan,

i got it now. So its the eLicensor which gets updated. And therefore the Artist 7 software does not replace or borrow from the Artist 6 software.

Paul

It might depend on what upgrade you get - Some download upgrades require the content (HalionSonic SE, Rverence…) of a previousliy installed version 6.

Thanks TC,

i am going for the BOXED version in any case. Much prefer having a hard copy for many reasons.

Paul

Then there should not be a problem…

Thanks guys,

That’s all really helpful indeed.

I purchased Artist 7 today (along with some other things) and so it should arrive in the post by end of next week.

If I get stuck with anything then I know where to come !! :nerd:

Paul

Good luck with your batch of new acquisitions, been on a spending spree I believe :wink:

Thanks Strophoid,

Yes, quite !! Especially with the MINIMOOG Model D i treated myself to last week !! i have wanted one for 25 x years.

Paul

i will be in receipt of my purchased Cubase Artist 7 this weekend. :mrgreen:

Does anyone know if you can run this on TWO PC’s please ?? (ie. like you can with Sibelius).

Ta.

Hi monsterjazzlicks,

you are allowed to install it in up to 3 computers, but you can only use it on one at a time, since the Dongle has to be connected the whole time.

Regards

Cheers Luis,

So multi-istallation is fine and the dongle allows you to computer-hop.

i was asking because i am buying a new laptop this week (so i will the have a Dell 15" screen and a Dell 17" screen) and was not sure about this fact. So am i also able to install all the other Steinberg related software (eg. HALion Sonic and Content Loop Sets) onto a second PC ??

Ta,

Paul

If you meant Steinberg instead of Sibelius, then yes :slight_smile:

Thanks for the correction !! :wink:

Hi guys,

i just installed my new Cubase Artist 7 (upgrade from Artist 6) into my PC and have some questions please.

The package comes with CD’s containing HALion Sonic and HALion SE. i have both of these already (from Artist 6) on my PC so just to check the obvious, i am assuming i do not need to re-install them ??

i loaded the Cubase Artist 7 CD into my PC, followed all the prompts and it installed in less than 5 x minutes, no problem. However, i can’t seem to FIND it anywhere and have no idea where it may have put it ?? i have never done a upgrade before so maybe i have done something wrong in the installation process ?? i have left Artist 6 on my PC because someome (on here) suggested i do so just incase my old projects (of the past 2 x years) do play in Artist 7 version. Also, last year i downloaded the 28 x day trial Cubase 7 FULL and still have it on my PC. Not sure if that is causing any conflictions ??

And lastly, i registered the new product onto my e-Lisencer (ie with the Activation Code) and also in my ‘My Steinberg’ online account. Whilst there i noticed another one called ‘Soft e-Licenser’ and i do not know what this is ?? Therefore at present i have nothing whatsoever registered to it. Does this matter please ??

USB-eLicenser: 1178305 64F619 eLicenser name OK

Products on this eLicenser: Cubase Artist 7, Groove Agent 3 and 6 other products

Show details

Registered Product Activation Code

23/11/2013 Cubase Artist 7
23/04/2012 MP3 Upgrade Patch
20/04/2012 HALion Sonic
20/04/2012 Sequel Content Set R’n’B
20/04/2012 VST Sound Loop Set Urban
20/04/2012 Sequel Content Set Smooth House
20/04/2012 Sequel Content Set Electronic Dance
20/04/2012 Groove Agent 3

Soft-eLicenser: 3889137272 1A9162E613 eLicenser name OK

No products found on this eLicenser

Show details

Registered Product Activation Code

Many thanks in advance…

Best,

Paul

If the artist 7 license shows on your USB elicenser then it’s fine. The soft licenser is only used for LE/AI/Elements versions of Cubase so if it’s empty that’s fine.
I’m not at my DAW now, but I guess there should be a shortcut to Cubase on your desktop/in your start menu now. It might be called Cubase 7 instead of Cubase Artist 7.

Else look for it in the folder where you installed Cubase to, it should be there. :wink:

Thanks Strophoid,

If the artist 7 license shows on your USB elicenser then it’s fine. The soft licenser is only used for LE/AI/Elements versions of Cubase so if it’s empty that’s fine.

i had no idea what the Soft Licenser was for. Yes, all my products are registered to my USB eLicenser so i will just leave everything as it is.

I’m not at my DAW now, but I guess there should be a shortcut to Cubase on your desktop/in your start menu now. It might be called Cubase 7 instead of Cubase Artist 7.

Yes, i thought it would automatically create a desktop shortcut. What i think has happened (if this makes sense) is that it has overwritten everything which was CUBASE 7 (the FULL trial version) and and left Artist 6 untouched. All my Cubase 7 Trial data has totally vanished !! When i click on the icon which was titled ‘Cubase 7 Trial’ (and is still titled ‘Cubase 7 Trial’) it opens up Artist 7. So what i am saying is, Artist 6 remains as was, but the TRIAL version of Cubase 7 FULL has now disappeared and been replaced be Artist 7.

Else look for it in the folder where you installed Cubase to, it should be there. > :wink:

Thanks, let me know what you think…

Pauk