Steinberg's dongle alternative coming

Yeah… you get the download bundled with Cubase 7 …Air version! …LOL

As far as I know, It was cracked a few days after the release.

Eh… are we seriously talking about Waves being cracked, when every version of Cubase has been cracked since VST32…??.. remember the parallel port dongle!!

What?

Heard dat! Word!

Back to makin’ music.

In the studio and on stage.
{‘-’}

Like I said before, I’m stupid #3. I don’t dislike the dongle (It’s even some kind of nice if you are in a really “pirated” kind of country like I am and say “I use my soft original”).

But again (#3) please, steinberg, can you give us some kind of good constructed hardware??? or at least say “no, we don’t want to invest in a better hardware because we also profit from broken dongles”

¬_¬

Yeah! I know exactly what you mean!

SB would likely not “profit” from broken or abused dongles because when you navigate the forum history; we find that mostly they are replaced, license and all and losses are viewed as honest mistakes.

What techniques do people use to protect their dongles when they are on the road with Cubase? I have a laptop that I use to record the band, and I’m always worried that some clumsy band member (let’s just say the bass player) bumps into the dongle and breaks it. I always thought that it would be very useful if laptop makers had a recessed USB port just below the keys. But short of that, what do people do? I have heard of using USB extender cables and then taping the dongle to the spot below the keyboard. Any other techniques?

Not using Cubase on the road, using software without dongles instead.

For our live set (in a few months) I will have a look at Cubase Elements. I only need it for the backings / the click track and for playing a few selected VSTis, so it should be ok.

Sadly, I also can’t take Halion 5 with me. :frowning:

That’s why I opted for NI and Studio One and Ableton Live…my money for live work is going elsewhere

Well, no. To my knowledge there is no fully functional crack available for Cubase 7. Some do start or even allow access to some extent but not a complete crack.

Ed, that’s not the point, cracks come and go. My gripe is that the current scheme does not benefit the paying user in the way that competing OEMs have engineered. Their solutions are superior, from a user perspective IMO.

So the cracked version of 6.5 still does the rounds. …? Then what …blue dongles work? No.
Crack 7 becomes available in 3 months…then what? Bigger dongle?!

You boys must spend most of your time searching for that!!

In response to Clyde, that is exactly my issue with the current implementation, you buy a product then have to get another for a situation that is now common and other program’s work with.

Forget the Waves plan, but the Reason one is still uncracked.

I really don’t want to jump into another crack discussion here. Our aim is to stick with copy protection and make that more convenient for our customers. Next to the things I mentioned, we are of course working on other long term options and solutions.

Cubase has not been compromised since version 5 (xp) and even then, not the supported version.

Ok, then I will you what I need:

“Lease license for x hours.”

With automatic return of the license to the original dongle.

My band and I would be VERY happy if that would be possible, because THIS would introduce Cubase to our rehearsals, our song writing sessions (when not done in my home studio here) and our live shows.

But carrying around about EUR 1.000,- in public transport is an absolute no - go here in Vienna.

I can only assume that the reason that this cannot be done at the moment is the way that the implimentation of the protection has taken place within the prog. Obviously, like most, I read from the crackers about how they beat C5, and as a non-programming type guy, I assume that its inherent strength and why it is has not been defeated also means that it is currently less flexible when it comes to licencing via alternatie methods.

I may be wrong , but isnt the Reason Ignition Key a Codemeter solution? Their system is still undefeated (the full implementation of it anyway), but I suppose its a different tech, and you guys have eLC and until it is re-coded, that is that.

I hate the pirates for forcing me (indirectly) to probably buy Cubase Elements. :angry:

Forget about what’s cracked - the Propllerhead approach is similar to Waves, in that one is given alternatives. I suspect the Balance interface method would be the least utilised, but then they still offer internet verification, like Presonus and Ableton, as well as the USB key.

The smart bit about the Waves approach is that allow the user to move the license(s) around. Also the USB key is not some special piece of hardware, it can be any type of flash memory.