KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

I’ll look at that if I can get it to parse in perl. I’m not sure if there is a control in HTML5 for that or not.

and it would be great to allow better customisation to separate style and data in the html result by using css

Great utility btw

SeeWhat

I was thinking frames but I may be way out of date with that

As far as I know iFrames don’t work that way, they scroll with the rest of the page. You can control visibility and stuff like that, but I don’t think you can have a split page. But, it’s been awhile for me too. So, that setting may be there.

Just been for a dig in the old machine and this is what I was talking about:

The headings go in title.htm, the rest in text.htm which will be scrollable. Could be deprecated by now for all I know. Anyway, that’s was the idea. Hope it helps. Cheers, C

It’s easy enough to try. I’ll give it a go when I get done with the parsing.

It works by the way, but there is a problem keeping the column widths in synch when the keymap updates. I didn’t want to hardwire the widths, but I’ll play with it some.

I’ve just got to get the key/value pair loop working. I get weird results from the pair pull right now. But, I’m sure it’s just a syntax foobar on my part. So, I’m fairly close. Can’t work on it today/tonight. Maybe I’ll have something this weekend.

Just an FYI, this is going to be in Perl, so you have to have perl installed to run the script.

With Steve’s help we made progress on the Mac version. Still have a path issue to solve, but the basics seem to work. As soon as I get the path thing figured out, I’ll post for general consumption/testing.

I have a 2nd version in progress that splits the column headers so they don’t scroll. However, they don’t retain their size in relation to the each other. So, have to figure that out. I want to get the regular version working before i tackle that.

Well, my humble contribution to this thread… :blush:

As I wanted something quick and using as less resources as possible, I focused more specifically on a .txt format result to be used with Notepad. So, to be able to quickly display all my current key commands in one window, I rebuild a .vbs script from scratch. Sadly, this won’t work on Mac, as it uses the Windows integrated VBScript feature…

So, here it is (the ‘how to’ is in the CubaseKC100_ReadMe.txt in the attached zip folder). The script will show the current key commands settings as soon as the [OK] button of the ‘Key commands’ windows has been used. Hope it will be as useful for some of you as it is for me…

EDIT - CubaseKC101 : a little fix for a more efficient display of key commands related to preferences…

EDIT 2 - CubaseKC102 : a fix that should allow the display of the remaining few keys that weren’t until now, due to an improper encoding (UTF-8) of the script. The script has been reencoded in ANSI and it seems that shift+keys combinations using the five keys just at the left of the Backspace-Return-RightShift block are now also displayed as expected.

EDIT 3 : updated version, see here : Three thingies that could help... (Windows only, sorry...) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums.

This is a wonderful utility! It’s great for planning my future shortcuts too.

perl scripted version coming shortly, that runs on a mac!

Which is working great here in testing. I worked around the path problem with a symlink to the real file, which works with the script files living at the root level of the user folder.

You may have been on to something with the “.” … Try adding ./ before the file name of the imported file and see if you can run it from the folder with the key command.xml file in it.

Bingo! It works. However, files beginning with ‘.’ are

1. invisible by default and making them visible can only be done globally.
  2. The Finder refuses to name files with an initial ‘.’, so it has to be done in the terminal with mv.

just put it in the name in the script, don’t change the actual file name. Does it still work?

Yes it does indeed.

Great, I’ll post stuff a little later today and let folks give it a shot.

I guess Macs come with perl installed, windows folks need to download/install it to use the script.

re: Macs that’s correct.

I’ve been invoking the file in Terminal.app with

user$ perl /filepath/to/script.pl

ok mac dudes, let me know how it goes. Zip file with the script is on the first message.

Excellent! One problem I see is one I struggled with. Some of the key commands are not mapped properly in Cubase. So, instead of “Shift+`” there is actually a “~”. This is true for _,+,<,>,?,{,},|

To make matters worse, it isn’t just the Shift+x version, some of them pop up in the alt and ctrl versions as well. Very goofy.