"POLL" Pay for 7.5 on the way for christmas

Well, if I have to pay, I want something tangible and useful for my money and not just bug fixes and general optimization. For example, frozen track management is an area where Cubase is SERIOUSLY lagging behind other DAW’s like Sonar and Studio One. I’d be willing to fork out a Franklin just for that.

Do you mean the C6 mixer?
(as per your sig).
{‘-’}

Steinberg does what they want. We pay, or we don’t, depending on the value we hope to get from update.
I’d pay 50eur for a good update, with important improvements and new features. But will not pay anything for just new colors in mixer or something trivial like that.
If they put in a new sampler, like a good built-in version of Halion, say Halion SE, with 7.5, I’ll surely go for it even for 100eur.
Depends on the goodies that will come with new update. There is plenty going on with other DAWs, mostly in area of workflow, lots of very good solutions. If Steinberg implements at least some improvements that other DAWS already have, it will be a good value for a paid update.

I’d pay if they had something like VCA mixing, I could care less about new synths

i would like to see (except of bugs and GUI improvements) serious workflow enhancements and features…

Fwiw, I’m not the free beer type, and I would not hesitate to pay for a 7.5 with really useful new features (plugin manager, multitrack wave edit/free warp, multi-out track presets etc - not merely for content, another plugin or eye candy though).
6.5 was a fair deal, with the discount towards the 7 update.
But, and it’s a big but :wink: :
Prior to 7.5 we need a free 7.1 or whatever that really fixes all the major workflow bugs and issues (KC focus, workspace/mixer integration, mixer zoom bugs for me, there are many other legit complaints), finally making it what 7.0 should have been right away, i.e. 6.5 plus the stuff in the “what’s new in 7”, in a reasonably bug free release.
Not 6.5 plus the stuff in the “what’s new in 7” plus “a surprise package of undocumented losses” complete with bug city down to font sizes …
Steinberg, please, get your stuff right this time with 7.1, fix what users desperately need to see fixed and you can count me in for a paid 7.5 a week later or a year later, doesn’t matter.
just my 5 ct,
Rhino

Oh, and as a bonus for all the waiting - can we get back visible muted notes in the drum editor, please ? :confused:

the c7 of course.

Would be nice to have two upgrade options. One may be slightly higher than the other and include the neve plugins. But I don’t bitch about paying for updates. I understand some stuff just doesn’t work right away but no bug has ever stopped me from booking sessions or even thinking about switching daws. I look forward to 7.5 and will pay the $150 again if i have to. No other DAW out there has given me the workflow Cubase has.

True that, I use Cubase 7 mainly in studio environment, and if I need a synth… really just make me own…

Considering I didn’t get a working copy of 7 (7.06) for almost a year, I sure hope there’s no fee!

I know that in the past, a .5 update has come with a charge and I’m normally okay with that. But in the case of Cubase 7, I feel that Steinberg should offer it for free for current Cubase 7 owners, since version 7 has been full of problems, crashes, a new Mix Console that came with multiple graphics issues, etc.

The release of Cubase 7 before they had all those problems fixed lowered my confidence level considerably in Stienberg to keep me working, trouble free.

They could go a long way to restoring that confidence by offering it for free and (most importantly) further strengthening the stability of this product that I’ve always been able to rely upon until this last release.

I am at a happy place with Cubase 7.

Besides the odd CPU/ASIO meter peaking (which I just reset and move on), I am moving quickly thru projects.

Unless there’s some great feature, like Quick Control II, or user free macro control, I don’t need anything right now.

I still haven’t upgraded from 6.5… That got me thinking, I could avoid all of the problems by just upgrading at the .5 intervals :laughing: :nerd:

To my mind, C7 is nothing short of a revolution and is on par with the innovative practices of the SB conglomerate but I do take the point there have been teething issues but remember when we buy into the software we are in effect swearing an oath of allegiance to the Steinberg cause.

After reading out the POLL result so far, it seems that the majority have already agreed that it shouldn’t cost anything…
I think the same too. :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Freddie

EXACTLY!

Let me dream for a second as to what features/updates I’d be willing to pay for…

• Put MIDI CC automation data into automation lanes similar to the kind you get when you record VST changes with the mouse.
  • Bounce in-place
  • A better designed MixConsole. I like the MC, I just think it has a mediocre GUI design.
  • More/better Quick Controls…
  • Fix manual beat grid editing in 64-bit…
    and finally…
  • MAKE VSTs STAY IN FRONT OF THE MIXCONSOLE ALREADY!!!~!~

But overall I enjoy C7 a lot and rarely have any problems with it. I’d still rather use Cubase over any other DAW even with this small list of quirks.

+1!!

As Rhino said, we need a 7.1, which runs proper, that means especially the mixer.
No need for more Plugins. Let the VSTs stay infront, that’s the main wish.
Fullscreen mixer ist still not usable till now, nearly one year after release of 7.0…

Seems like most posters want it ‘free’.

What are the odds that will happen?

I say 80/20 against.
(ahh that old 8:2 ratio seems to pop up all over the place)

{‘-’}

indeed people will always vote for anything to be free. that’s not equitable, and everyone knows, but still, free is better, right? ;] DAWs are comparatively dirt cheap, relative to what can be achieved with them. i’d be gladly willing to pay multiples of the asking price if they were bug-free. in a completely utopic scenario, i’d pay, say, $2k, and have $1 reimbursed for each crash of the DAW – as a form of incentive, of sorts – to the devs. :-]