Steinberg's dongle alternative coming

Uncalled for…

You misunderstand my point (probably why you call me a troll).

I never said I LIKE the dongle. In fact, some of the ideas expressed in this thread actually do sound good to me. But that is not my point.
My point is…
Steinberg has said that the dongle is here for the foreseeable future. So why keep whining about it? Either accept it until they decide to offer another solution or move on to something that better suits your needs. Make a choice and live with it like a man.

I am just tired of the irrelevant arguments trying to “make the case” why they “owe” a dongle-free solution… “Because other DAWs do it…” (irrelevant, Steinberg makes their own choices, not other DAW companies). “Because I paid X amount…”(irrelevant, that is a past transaction that included the dongle). “Because they can…”, “Because I need it…” None of it matters. NONE OF IT.

What matters is how THEY decide to market their product and whether YOU choose to buy it. That is my point. Not that the dongle is good, bad, or ugly for us or them.

Finally, as I am accused of “trolling” this topic, I could accuse others of “campaigning.” Both of which are against the forum rules.