"POLL" Pay for 7.5 on the way for christmas

IMHO that’s a very smart (non) move.
{‘-’}

What, and go back to the hobbled looks-like-dumb-hardware inflexible rock of past versions?

Yes, they could make it simpler to configure, but I would only want more flexibility, especially in regards to touch-friendliness.

you seem to be on a one man mission when it comes to wanting Cubase touch friendly , the mixers in enough mess without wanting to reign it even more

No, he’s not.

I would like touch screen compatibility, too. Bought myself an Avid Artist Control today, but still want the option to tap the screen, time and again.

Whatever, us Australian will pay 50% more than everyone else, which is galling as it doesn’t cost them any more for us download it to here.

Several years ago, BY (before Yamaha), an upgrade was to be 50% more than anywhere else. Australian users, en masse, took to the forums to register their disapproval, basically dismissing dismal justifications from the then distributors about how much it cost to promote, demonstrate and support Cubase, because, as anyone in Australia knows, distributors don’t do much to earn their keep and are almost irrelevant in relation to upgrades.

Same situation in Europe, Patanjali.

Software is very cheap in the USA, but in Europe we pay like crazy, and not only because we are burdened with VAT… a US citizen can get, for example, Reason 7 for EUR 240,-while a European, like me, has to pay a staggering EUR 369,- for the same product.

This is a very discriminatory practice.

And who needs distributors anyway? What we need is a big download server, because the Internet is worldwide, it’s just the “manager” guys who still live in the 19th century where we had stupid borders.

It is in a mess because the ‘flexibility’ has been designed inelegantly, but the shift to include more varied capability is long overdue.

No sane product owner (a role in SCRUM based development) would allow a product with so many bugs to be released, so I guess it was a terribad management decision.

“Release it. We want MOAR MONEYZ!!1”

We use Corel’s PaintShop Pro and VideoStudio Pro. While online prices seem to be better now, a couple of years ago, just putting in Australia as the currency would jack up the price substantialy, even though the download was served by the same servers.

All this stuff is to ‘protect’ local suppliers who handle the retail boxed product.

Is that a Katy Perry cover?

No, I just took that from the Internets. It’s used to denote insatiable, irrational greed. :wink:

Sorry, I was just being silly, playing on the word. :wink:

Would you explain it to me, please? I’m not actually into mainstream culture (I’m a bit nerdy…). :blush:

+1

I would rather pay a bit and have innovative functionality worth reckoning with rather than have a half-arsed, here-and-there update of scrap leftovers thrown out for free.

It seems to me the content of these version upgrades from Steinberg in general needs to be thought through better. For instance, simply implementing the newest generic Steinberg plugins from Cubase into say the newest Wavelab is transparently redundant and makes for a weak feature list.

So you think pre 6.5 Steiny were always half-assed or just baked half way?

@henceforth: I wasn’t around for that, just considering an obvious alternative due to diminished incentive.

Hi Bane, as long as i don’t miss out on bug fixes, i care less for pluggins but don’t you think equating a plug in with a feature is a little unnoteworthy?

New paid update must bring new features. If there are just bug fixes, then it is still the old version that we already paid for. To charge for bug fixes for functions that were advertised at purchase is unfair in IMO. But, if new functionality is introduced, then paid update is certainly in place. The more new functionality, the higher update price. I’d be happy to pay 200eur for update, if what was new was actually worth 200eur to me. I pay immediately for anything that is worth the investment.

How well something functions is also in the eye-of-the-beholder hence what is “advertised” may not actually be what one envisions for a product.