Project Sample Rate Reduction Test

As stated above, I can’t hear a significant difference. Never did extensive work at higher rates above 44/48 though, so I’m unexperienced with this.

But well, it’s music we’re talking about. Not everything might happen in a ‘measurable dimension’ (that’s where we might take some pleasure from, otherwise we’d perhaps all be bankers, architects, scientists…).
I don’t think the better ‘feel’ someone might have at high sample rates is definately ‘not there’ nor would I say it is. All of that belongs to indiviual psychological aspects, a great confusion of personal experience (that might differ from day to day), marketing blurb (higher numbers better in this case) and the wish to use the best available technique. Add to the list what comes to your mind.

It’s still about the content. The content is about the creators of that content (spirit, skills). Add the potential listener into this equation and you have a mass/mess of factors having an impact on how the music is finally perceived. There’s no control and that’s cool.

Fake philosophies aside, breaking it down to what works best for you to get the thing done is simple and pragmatic. 44.1 seems to be alright for me still :sunglasses: If you want more and have the power, why not.