GA 3 with 64 bit Cubase 6 windows 7?

Hi, GA3 works well in a W7 64bit environment (OK to record its audio output on audio tracks for example) , but it does not record its output on a MIDI track in C6 64 bits with the " live to host" function.

This is what I got from Steinberg support, which is helpful ( I tested and its is fine) as an alternative to jbridge (not tested) :

Indeed when Groove Agent 3 32bit is bridged in Cubase 64bit it is not possible to use the “Live To Host” function.
Instead it is possible to use the “Write to file” function and drag the MIDI from the desktop to the project.

Best regards,
Jan Hendrik Peters
Steinberg Support

Hotline for UK, Ireland
+49 (0)40 - 42236 115

Beware : To get the midi file on your desktop, you need to go to the setup page in GA3 and place the “MIDI to file” cursor back to OFF.

If you use J-Bridge, Live to Host works just fine in 64 bit Cubase or Nuendo and is much more efficient than using the Record To File Function. Tested in Nuendo 5.5.2 however have not had time to test in Cubase 6.05, but was working fine in 6.04 and unless they broke it in the update should still be working fine. Why they don’t pass this info on, I do not know.

Why they don’t pass this info on, I do not know.

Because we don´t support J-Bridge officially.

Even though it enables one of your own products to function as designed? Even with a disclaimer it would be helpful for your clients to have the best and most current information available rather than just sitting on it to their detriment. A quick browse of this section of the forum alone shows how your policy leaves a lot of users in the dark with respect to this issue alone. So much unnecessary frustration…

Bump for a Groove Agent 3 fix of Live to Host on Win 7 64bit so i can record that damn MIDI coming out of Groove Agent 3.

I know some people suggests workaround with 32bit but really, if i had to workaround all plugins having trouble with 64bit then i’d get nothing done. This has been an issue ever since win 7 64bit came out. I think we have waited long enough by now.

Seems to me high time SB “Mans Up” on their own call that it’s, “The responsibility of developers to create 64bit versions of their plugins.”

Why the hell is GA3 not 64bit yet!? …and if you nave no plans on making it so - Why the hell are you still selling it!?

Indeed when Groove Agent 3 32bit is bridged in Cubase 64bit it is not possible to use the “Live To Host” function.
Instead it is possible to use the “Write to file” function and drag the MIDI from the desktop to the project".
Best regards,
Jan Hendrik Peters

Hello
if Jan Hendrik Peters or anyone who has got this to work in Cubase 6 64 bit kindly reply as I’m wasting so much time trying to use GA3. I can’t get the ‘Write to file’ function working (‘Live to host’ no longer available as above). I was told by Steinberg support that they couldn’t help with GA3 as nobody in the office had it installed anymore,
thanks, joe :unamused:

I’m really glad to hear that you got it working. I just upgraded to Cubase 6.5 x64 Windows 7 this past weekend. I tried to install my Groove Agent from the Virtual Instrument collection that I used with Cubase 3, but it wouldn’t install. I found GA 3 online at Amazon.com and just ordered it. I would be lost if GA3 doesn’t work on Cubase 6.5 x64…I used GA for all my drum tracks on all my recordings.

I’ll have my fingers crossed and hope I get it installed and working. Thank you very much for your post…you’ve given me hope.

Larry

Hi Larry , Hi all

what was a result?

I am ready to get GA 3 with W7 64 bit and Cubase 6 -64 bit …but i would like to know if there are any news and how was your expiriance

Thank you in advance
Vlado

Yes, Steinberg should upgrade GA3 to perform as it should be regarding midi output to CB7 projects.

In the mean time remember:

To get the midi file on your desktop, you need to go to the setup page in GA3 and place the “MIDI to file” cursor back to OFF

@

Hi all - I’ve recently upgraded from Cubase SX3 to Cubase 6.5 and I’m stunned to discover that, although I have installed Groove Agent 3 and Hypersonic 2 (the two most used VSTs in my libary), neither one will appear in the VST rack when I attempt to open them via Cubase. I can see all the VSTs included with Cubase 6 (Retrologue etc.) but not GA3 or HS2.

I installed the 32 bit version of Cubase 6.5 and it loads Groove Agent 3 and Hypersonic 2 fine. I’ve read rumours of an “internal bridge” in Cubase that could connect the old 32 bit plugins within Cubase 64 bit but, if this exists, how do I access and use it?

I’ve also seen a number of people mention “JBridge” as an effective solution but when I downloaded the demo and ran it, I got an error part way through the process, then the process went through to completion BUT I still cannot see GA3 or HS2 in my rack! I just purchased JBridge in the hope that by buying the full version, it will work but it’s been an hour and I still have no email from the JBridge guy in my email inbox.

Can anyone please tell me how to get Groove Agent 3 and Hypersonic 2 to at least appear in my VST rack in Cubase 6.5 64 bit? Also, if I upgrade to Cubase 7 64 bit, will I still have these problems and will there be a solution or should I still with CB 6.5?

I really don’t want to sacrifice all the extra RAM I invested in when purchasing my new computer so it would be great to stick with 64 Bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Isn’t it shocking that Steinberg cant/wont provide an upgrade to enable GA3 to work properly in Windows 64 bit?
And yet they go on selling it???
I’ve bought J bridge and got it to work, but I shouldn’t have had to.

Very, very disappointing.

I don’t know about Hypersonic, but I know GA3 works as expected in Cubase 7 and Cubase 6.5 64 bit - as long as it is run with jBridge. When it came to installing jBridge, I made a point of going through all of my vsts and only choosing Groove Agent 3 to be “jBridged”. If I remember correctly, this is called a manual installation. If you look through the forum you’ll see many people have been successful with jBridge and GA3, so good luck in tracking down your problem.

Steve.

You don’t but you should, because JBridge is saving my life running VST’s including some yours that VSTBridge is not only not opening properlly but crashing constantly Cubase7.
Cheers

Steinberg sells hot cakes with dead cats! This product is called GA 3 :laughing:

Steinberg sells hot cakes with dead cats! This product is called GA 3 :mrgreen:

Steinberg sells hot cakes with dead cats! This product is called GA 3

Steinberg obliged to give support to their product GA 3 in Cubase 6! Or return the money for a foul cakes with kittens!