Lost USB licenser

Hello,

more than a second license (quite expensive!), I would recommend to have a spare empty USB-eLicenser.

Besides the 25-hours license, which is good for 3 eight-hours working days, you can request a 30-days trial code without having to wait to have someone to reply your support enquiry.

[EDIT: Sorry, I noticed that SteveInChigago wrote the same after replying - cheers Steve]

Kind regards,

Hi Fabio,

Recommending customers purchase two dongles to use Cubase in an interesting solution, albeit (IMO) an unrealistic one in that itā€™s something most customers will probably donā€™t think theyā€™ll need to do, as highlighted by the OPā€™s situation.

Iā€™m not arguing Cubase should eliminate copy-protection, only that this instance highlights how the dongle installation scheme Steinberg employs places an unnecessary burden on their paying customers, and at a time when much more modern and efficient means of copy protection are readily available.

Thanks & have a nice day!

You donā€™t need to buy a second dongle, just make sure you donā€™t lose or break the one you have.

I donā€™t find the dongle scheme a burden and prefer it any of the other copy protection methods. With the dongle I donā€™t even have to remember any serial numbers or activation codes just make sure I look after my dongle and whenever I install software itā€™s ready to go.

Why donā€™t you elaborate what more modern and efficient solutions to copy protection there are?

You bought into the system and then you expect to change it ? Except it for what it is as there are a lot of people happy with the Steinberg system including me .
Steinberg have already said that they have no plans on changing the licencing procedure so I would get used to it if I was you or ā€¦there are plenty more fish in the sea if your not happy

Cheers Fabio.

It is an even better argument for being careful with valuables. :smiley:

Hi!
Iā€™m from Ukraine.
Today Iā€™ve lost my USB eLicesnser with Cubase 7 EE license.
Local distributor (Jazz Club) recommend me to resolve this problenm in my steinberg account.
But when I try to ā€˜Request supportā€™ i got the message :

ā€˜Individual support for you is provided by one of our Steinberg distributors. Please find a list of distributors on this page:
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=distributor&L=1&cHash=dc373d6940becb17787da623b3065f81ā€™

Could you help me please!

P.S. I alredy bought a new USB eLicenser

P.P.S. I got eLicenser number (lost and new one) and Cubase 7 activation code

Check in the palm of your hand for your USB elicenser.
Thatā€™s usually where my keys are when Iā€™m looking for them. :laughing:

Actually, I think I read somewhere that they are planning to change it.

Thanks for the advice, but eLicenser is gone. Completely.

Is there any chance to contact steinberg support for help?

Are you sure?

Okay, where is the last place you saw it ā€¦ ?

:neutral_face:

Yes you must of seen the comment on GS about it but there is also a thread on here stating after that comment was made there is no plans to change the eliencer system in the foreseeable future .

Love the ā€œjokestersā€ here making fun of someoneā€™s unfortunate circumstance (which could of course had been avoided if Steinberg had a modern, internet-based registration system in place). :unamused:

MaxNRG, you should attempt to get ahold of Steinberg support directly.

Anyone have an alternate email address for MaxNRG to try?

Good luck!

unfortunately thereā€™s no direct support in Ukraine.

Ahh yesā€¦that all rings a bell here now G.

Iā€™m not arguing Cubase should eliminate copy-protection, only that this instance highlights how the dongle installation scheme Steinberg employs places an unnecessary burden on their paying customers, and at a time when much more modern and efficient means of copy protection are readily available.

In that case Iā€™ll get a software only key for my house and car? Having keys for those is an intolerable burden. :laughing: If I donā€™t clap my hands they donā€™t know where they are. :mrgreen:

Iā€™m not sure who you are referring to as a ā€œjokesterā€, but if I am in that catagory - my question is still relevant.

And the support section referred to on this forum is not on your Ukrainian computer?

This one? http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/support_contact.html

If a situation depends on the dongle being present for income, one would think that a user would logically protect such a delicate situation, an extra dongle seems perfectly in line with that sort of thinking. I mean, if it really carries that much weight.

There is no more ā€œunnecessary burden on their paying customersā€. Itā€™s no different than any other USB device.

What if your Internet provider is having problems? When it comes down to it, there just isnā€™t a perfect solution. Sure, there are alternate solutions, but they all have proā€™s and conā€™s. Steinberg chose the eLicenser route. You know this when purchasing Cubase.

Contrary to your opinion on what is modern and efficient, I would say that the eLicenser is just that, no need to have your computer connected to the Internet should you choose not to, but it works that way too. You can head on out to an Internet cafĆ© or friend, and activate your license. For people with no Internet access, that point is actually beats the ā€œmore modern and efficient meansā€.