Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness

A little Groove Agent SE Tip for those who likes to layer sounds (I do that a lot with drums in pop songs)

If you add multiple sounds to a pad (by drag and dropping) use the first (top) option when dropping the sounds to a pad to layer them.
At first they will will not trigger at the same time but the different samples will trigger depending on the velocity so while the pad is selected, change the mode to “layer” instead of “velocity” in the main tab. Now they all trigger at the same time but you can’t adjust the volumes or any other parameters of the different samples separately … but here’s how to do it:

There are 2 little buttons on the upper right side of Groove Agent SE, one is ABS or Rel (It’s set to ABS by default)
and the other one is Pad or Sel (It’s set to Pad by default). If you press the Pad button to switch it to Sel (while the multi samples pad is selected) you can now chose the sample you want to change the volume or any other parameters and it will only change the settings of that sample within the Pad instead of all the samples within the pad. So just select the sample, tweak some buttons and when you select another sample on the same pad you’ll see the the tweaks you made won’t affect the other samples :slight_smile: I find That really usefull instead of having to have 3 midi notes for my kick sound, I just have one and tweak it inside Groove Agent SE.