this'll change everything 14 nov

Android is gaining a larger market share simply because of all the cheap low-cost smartphones being pushed out to market. Makes for good bragging points for a Google & Samsung, but developers like Steinberg got to look at the bottom line… And data clearly shows the majority of people actually spending money on apps are on iOS. Developers go where the money is. Period.

So very kool F.

{‘-’}

I haven’t seen that data, but let’s say its true: Android still has the majority of total users! Atleast in Europe.
And most developers do both iOS and Android…

PS.
What’s wrong with low-cost smartphones? Not everybody wants/needs to have quad CPUs and 4 GB of memory for their phone. People mostly do calling, SMSing, Facebooking and browsing. And play simple games.

I totally agree.

That’s the way it is now but the ‘industry’ see the markets trending toward doing
much much more on mobile devices in the coming years.

Companies want/need to complete but large companies like
Yamaha also want to lead. To ‘set the tone’, ‘be the standard’.

This means jumping out front (hanging 10 :slight_smile:) and taking that chance.
They are ‘skating to where they think the puck may be’ —jobs

We the consumer then get to decide yea or nay.
Palm Pilot…Newton…Zune…etc etc

{‘-’}

I am hoping this is a touch UX with the Cubase 7 engine running on Windows 8.1 (Intel) . Although there are lots of android devices, I would think it would take a long time for an android version to catch up to Cubase 7 . Why not just use the Cubase 7 engine on x86 with a new touch UI ?

Also I think , Android has problems with low latency. I’m not knocking it, I have a Nexus 7 :wink:

I really hope not. Ive had Maschine since it came out and its now so refined Steiny couldnt compete with it on any level

According to this link its a muddled picture but it looks like the most downloaded apps are Android whereas Apple still makes more money from apps. This could be just being entrenched and charging more for the apps plus forcing more in app purchases to get the functionality originally perceived.

Anyway I’m a PC and IPad user. I think developers would be foolish not to exploit the Android market as Apple continues its over priced/under spec’d policy. I really like my IPad but things like no usb is just a sad joke.

we’ll I hope it is , it’s always nice to have options but one thing for sure if this just turns out to be touchscreen Icrap stuff then there will be no upgrading or updating from me from now on , my wallet will be tightly closed as sonically I have everything I need .

Maybe it will be something similar to Apple’s new " Coordinated group musical experience " , US Patent 8,521,316 .
It was applied for in March 2010 and was awarded in August 2013 .

It sends the master tempo to each individual dancer at a silent disco 's smartphone or mp3 player , and selects a track from each individual’s library that matches the master track the closest . Everyone dances away to their own music with headphones on , but the whole crowd is in time .

… and for dinosaurs like me who had never heard of the Silent Disco phenomenon , there is even a Wiki page on it ;

Maybe . Maybe not .

I wouldn’t say that I hate Apple. It’s rather some sort of not being bothered with their stuff, like I’m not bothered with stuff by many other companies that I actually don’t hate.
Anyway, I don’t own iStuff and I’m surely not going to buy it only for running Steinberg apps.

Amen.

Except for the fact that I have political reasons (freedom of speech, full ownership of my own devices, anti - censorship, fixed battery, etc…) not to buy i*.*.

Isn’t that close to the Ad Line they were using for Nuage?

Something like that in some print ads I saw . . .

Edit: Yes.

“Game Changer” and “A Change Has Come”.

Seems their Promo Dept is stuck on “Change”.

It have to be portable dongle-audio interface. Cubase on ios that is. Wont change anything. But they dont have to pay apple that mush since the “cost” is for the hardware.

Ha!

That sounds exactly like me in 1972 with my ‘Arp Odessey’.
On stage at the ‘Gasworks’ in Toronto (‘Rush’ had just played there the week before)
using the sub oscillator to make the entire building shake.

Boy was I wrong. (And may still be).
{‘-’}

well lets put it another way Curteye ,im a knob twiddler not a screen scratcher ! :wink:

I think what I need is just faster operations within Cubase, less clicking and all that.

A better workflow, not more functionality.

If Steiny is planning anything “i” it will be totally wasted on me. Just fix the damn temperamental, awkward Mix Console.

Mauri.

Ok, we got it. Stuff posted over and over in many threads across the board.

Is it necessary to derail each and every thread with posts like this when there are FR Threads, Issues Reports Threads where this has been posted hundred times? I guess not, as the people in charge read the Forum and we at Support forward the requests and complaints.

This is exactly the disruptive behaviour you can read of in the Forum Rules.

Agreed, although I’m quite sure that these are two different development teams that do not take resources away from each other.

Concerning the “i” stuff, whatever it is that’s coming, if it is an app then it will be released for android too, since this is the market leader. You don’t disregard the market leader, unless you’re affiliated with his competitor. Steinberg is not affiliated with Apple afaik.

WaveLabSis … ? … ?

:smiley: