KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

You guys are ‘on it’

@ SteveInChicago
and
@ JMCecil

Looks like you two guys could be setting up yer own company soon. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I admire the teamwork.
{‘-’}

Thanks for the test, JM

I just checked this again and indeed, it seems that there is a problem with these, not using them with Cubase (they are regularly recorded in the Key Commands.xml file as the other ones and work when used as key commands with Cubase) but trying to make them appear in Notepoad via a VBScript. Here, these keys are associated to other characters due to the different country layouts. In example, your } is equivalent to my £. The latter work with Cubase, and is recorded as so in the Key Commands.xml file, but is not processed as such (not at all, actually…) by the VBScript.

Will investigate further, but it seems, at first glance that there are 5 shift+key combinations (I didn’t try with Ctrl or Alt, yet…) such as this one, on the right of the keyboard between the letters keys and the Backspace-Return-RightShift block, that are not usable when read in a xml file and/or written in a txt one, via a VBScript. The equivalent of your < and > keys (here, they are . and /) are working as expected, though…

lol, one of the funniest moments of my programmer life happened in France close to 20 years ago, and my first experience with a completely euro azerty based keyboard. I’m an extremely proficient typist and never look at the keyboard. You can guess my consternation while watching total gibberish appear on the screen.

I believe I was able to get the tooltips back. Let me know.

Yes tooltips are working. Very nice. It didn’t work at first though, pm sent.

I forgot to adf the " to the list before posting.

Add the "

Got that. I have also re-ordered the keys here to make it visual- qwerty instead of abcdefg down the left side. Also added F16, I remap my capslock to F16. and it shows up in the table. Nice and flexible. Now, perl at least doesn’t scare me, but it is still mystifies. :confused:

$sandwich2->{huh}->[8] say what?

lol, it will click little by little and it starts reading like english. I’ve seen the same syntax styles so many times that languages don’t bother me. But, each one has it’s own little differences that can drive you nuts. Or, things that are easy in one language are 3090349805 lines of code in another.

Anyhow, I realize I popped the PC version on the last update. I’ll write a little PC|MAC filter that can be set at the top so you don’t have to dig around in the body of the code.

I updated the css a bit, added a “.” to the empty cells, added in the “"” symbol. Made it a little easier to choose Mac or PC.

Moved, the old VB Script version to a lower thread.

Two things remain

1. Fix all the weird key command inconsistencies. (ie replace ~ with the correct Shift+`) there are dozens of those that cause extra characters to be displayed in the first column.

2. Maybe set it so the first row does not scroll. This has some special problems as the current method auto sizes the columns really well. Keep the columns between the non-scrolling section and the scrolling section is harder than I thought it would be. Need to think on it a bit.

Hi again, JM

I think I found something interesting… I made further tests this morning, using the chr(), asc() and strcomp() VBS functions and stumbled on the fact that the Strcomp() string comparison was returning -1 and the asc() value of the £ character entered in my script was 194, as the one read in the Cubase .xml file was 163, as expected.

From which I started to explore the encoding of my script (I use Notepad++ for any script editing, which allows several different kinds of encoding) and saw that, when using the ‘UTF-8’ encoding (it was encoded until now as ‘UTF-8 without BOM’, the Notepad++ default setting), the characters corresponding to the key strokes not displayed were all displayed in my script as 2 characters, the first one being an… Â (asc() value = 194). So, I took the jump by copying all the source and pasting it in an ANSI encoded file and carefully retyped all the problematic key strokes.

The result is that now, all the key commands, including the problematic ones, are now displayed in Notepad. I uploaded the new ANSI encoded script in my first post concerning it, and edited it accordingly.

Could you test this one and report back ? Thanks.

Nice! By the way I use Notepad++ as well. I’ll do my best to get to it tonight. (it is early in the morning here now).

Sorry guys, I can’t understand half of this thread. :slight_smile:

However I use OSX and would like to get a printable table regarding all key commands that are assigned.

Soo…what must I do - or are you still working on a solution?

Big thanks for your effort guys

There is a zip file attached to the first post. Download it. Unzip it into your /~ directory. Move your Key Commands.xml file to that directory. Run the perl scrip.

(It appears the files can go right in the prefs folder now. It is working for me. no chmod -x needed :confused: )

Run the script by using this command in Terminal.app:
perl ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/genCommands.pl

Or check out the file in KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support - #55 by steve - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I am not getting any commands that have modifiers in Cubase 7.5 on a mac. Everything else shows which is very nice. Thank you very much for this script!

http://reference.StudioPrime.com/forums/steinberg/KeyCommands/KeyCommands.html

That’s strange. I have the same setup… Are you using the latest files I posted? And did you update the file paths for Cubase 7.5?

Yes I used the updated file in the first post and used your Automator action and updated it for Cubase 7.5 and then got the results posted. Is there another “genCommands.pl” I should be using?

Can you try these? They are what I am using now.
genCommands.pl and CubaseMap.css.zip (3.98 KB)