Hans Zimmer - Arcade Midi Mock Up

I can’t really comment in the detail that I’d like because I’ve never seen the movie nor wish to check out the original soundtrack. I admire Zimmer, I just cba at this moment in time. :smiley:

The thing that I will say is this; Going for speed runs to see how fast a workflow you can pick up is great. But it’s completely useless if the quality of the work isn’t there. Could you list the libraries that you’re using? The strings are incredibly ‘machine-gun’ like due to either a wrong patch being selected and/or poor editing or simply an old library that lacks round robin for alternated up/down strokes. Boasting about speed of completion becomes meaningless if the quality of expression isn’t there.

I’m also personally incredibly bored of the constant Zimmer-esque posts on the soundsonline forum. Yeah, Zimmer is effing great but when so many aspiring composers do nothing but mock-ups of his recent work or try to do ‘original’ compositions in that style…well I know from some others comments on that forum that I’m not the only one bored to death by it. :stuck_out_tongue:

"Some darker “Batman” type thing I was messing with…

Despite the obvious Batman riff, what do you guys think?? "

^That’s a quote from a recent soundsonline post just to further my point. :wink:

I mean, you’ve made a good effort and the production skills are coming along from something older that I remember you posted and it is your own choice which kind of composer you wish to be of course…but I’d try to drop all the “inspired by’s,” the “rescores” and mockups and focus on your having your own distinctive style without any pressure from others to sound a certain way in order to be classed as skilled or good at the craft.