If it was your money?

Hey, don’t sweat it, I take no offense - I understand.

I’m not saying sink $10K into Auralex panels, just put some thought into the room. DIY bass traps in the corners or something. Anything. Plus the critical question of where you will sit, especially in relation to the carefully selected $320 monitors.

I understand where you (all) are coming from - I get it. But, if you are starting from scratch there is no reason not to at least research/consider some of these things. After all, the same room you say you don’t need to overly worry about because you are going to record direct (except for a few things) is the same room you are going to be sitting in listening to those monitors.

There’s a youtube series from Rode with Francis Buckley (“Save My Studio” or some such) where he goes around and helps start-out punks such as ourselves fix up their home recording/mixing spaces (and then gives them $750+ worth of Rode mic equipment, natch) - I highly recommend it for some of the simple/cheap type options you might wish to consider.

Don’t take these suggestions as high and mighty or condescending in any way. My space is a train wreck. But that’s precisely because I didn’t know/consider these items before I got into it. Learn from the experience of others.

And, you generally shouldn’t mix with headphones (they’re for tracking), but that’s a whole 'nother story…