"POLL" Pay for 7.5 on the way for christmas

You’re an optimist.

I don’t know if is a good policy or not, but C7 is still buggy under osx, a lot of plugs are not compatible, like Melodyne or Native Instruments, but these plugs works great and rock solid under C6.5 in 64bit mode.
The new mixer is fantastic only if you have a super big screen, or 2 big monitors, i’ve tried to work in airplane with macbook and its impossible. There are waste space and missing buttons like Phase buttons etc. C 7.0.6 still crash under osx 10.8 even in 10.9.
For me is not comparable to Cubase 6.5 stability. All this after one year from C7.0.0. I have to pay for what? I think Steinberg should release the new upgrade to 7.5 for free to all old customer just to say sorrow, “we released C7 to soon”. I’m still on C.6.5 under osx because is rock solid for my work, sometimes I try to back on C7 but I find bugs every single time… is a stress…

I hope someone will listen this…
:smiley:

Absolutely! Agree. :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

Yes…we know and its not actually Steinberg or Cubase that is so buggy. :wink:
Please don’t kill the messenger… :wink:

As you perhaps already know people on PC doesn’t suffer on many of these bugs as users on MAC OSX do and I can explain why.

Its Mac and Apple that can’t keep up with rest of the world and “modern code” and technology especially new graphic codes that works perfectly well on Windows platforms.
Is it fair that Steinberg’s products stop evolve because of the lack of progress on apple behalf? :unamused:
OSX has always been behind in graphic and use of second rate graphic cards even though its gone better lately.

As far as I understand majority programmers that work on Steinberg, base the program on C++ code.
So do NI, Waves, Softtube, UAD etc…

I would guess Steinberg use some of the C++ code and try to ported them to Unix code instead in a later stage.

There are many other companies that don’t even bother with APPLE or MAC support or even use them. Products like computer games, Xbox-game (program exclusive on windows with help of C++ and other programs), Playstation-game (program exclusive on windows with help of C++ and other programs),… other programs, advance animation programs. CAD,… etc… All on WINDOWS exclusive.

You don’t find so many games or animation and special film effects program on OSX do you?
No, all are on PC Windows, and they have been all along.

I’m not saying that windows cubase users are all free from bugs. No, sure we all has some bugs too, but not as many as you users on MAC.

Perhaps that is why it might be wise to end mac support for good and keep the focus on develop Cubase on windows instead. All the programmers can focus on make a greater Cubase Nuendo instead of trying to make it work on OSX all day long. Windows 7 and 8 is a open system that you can build and specify with individual components specific for your own needs. It also the performance platform working with Audio, film, game, animations or whatever.

That is the truth, even if it hurts. :neutral_face:

Best Regards
Freddie :slight_smile:

and what exactly does this have to do with the poll ??? NOTHING just another derail into a moaning thread , you want to moan about whats wrong with your version of Cubase start your own thread , this is a poll not a repeat of the same old moans of all the other threads

I hope you listen to this :wink:

Hi GString, this have to do with this poll because someone ask if we have to pay for a 7.5 update, was just a clarification why we should not pay for that. After one year of waiting we have to pay again?

I asked a question on HOW MUCH . There are 95% of threads being turning into the same moaning issues so please use one of them .
Anyway I pretty sure we will find out tomorrow what we are in for price wise :wink:

Ouch! Reality bites!

(Shhh…… but please don’t tell my clients or my bank manager.
the Clampetts are in Californy to stay )
:slight_smile:

{‘-’}

:wink: :mrgreen:

What’s the point. They release it, we pay for it. Or don’t. Whatever happens everyone here (yes that is YOU whoever you are) pays if it’s a paid upgrade and then moans again. After they’ve already moaned about the paid upgrade before it was a paid upgrade or moaned about all the free upgrades not having THEIR particular bug-fix or programmed in their finicky way of working at 192kHz using every top range plugin available after recording an orchestra that was so out of tune every instrument needed pitch-shifting and so out of time it all needed time correction.
Of course only hardened professional studios can afford the (paid for) upgrade. :question: of $50 or so.

Guess being the operative word. When I read stuff like this I take it with a big grain of salt, as well as the conclusions that might be drawn from it.

Apple were great innovators in the web development space and brought us HTML5 which has revolutionized the world with native MPEG, MP4 etc

There are many other companies that don’t even bother with APPLE or MAC support or even use them.

For VST we must deal with UNIX/OSX because that’s where the compilers live.

What? Where do compilers live in your opinion? Are you serious?

If you’re talking to me, yes.

I use the Microsoft C# compiler. This one “lives” on Windows, Windows 7 in my case.

Actually it is often very entertaining to read your postings, because they, more often than not, remind me of standup comedy.

How old are you, if I may ask?

C# isn’t C+ of which the latter Cubase is compiled.

“forthwith” please stop derailing my thread

Maybe, but why would a developer compile in an inferior, potentially unstable environment such as Windows when they could be working in a rock solid UNIX environment?

What are you talking about? Almost 100% of Windows software is compiled on Windows PCs.

The tools are amazing, and the stability is also ok.

Compiling Windows software on a *nix is an odd concept. Not unheard of, but odd, nevertheless.

Doubtful because of Mac, of which a direct port would always be made first.