Audio & midi not lining up

@Robrosen92 have you found a solution for this issue? I’ve just bought an expensive new custom laptop setup, including Cubase Artist 7 and Steinberg’s very own UR28M sound card and I’m experiencing the same issue of the DAW sending wonky midi out to hardware synths.

Am I right in saying that what you’ve been experiencing has only just come about? As I’ve had the system for less than a week and the issue has always been there, I’d be interested to know + whether there was any chance this could be the result of something like a software update.

I’ve spent hours trying to fix this, have gone through many of the fault diagnosis processes that you have and have trawled various forums, eventually posting the following thread:

I also have a MOTU midi interface (their 5 port Micro Lite), but get the same issue as you too when plugging my hardware synths directly into MIDI USB. Given that I’m using a Steinberg sound card that’s supposed to be uber compatible with their DAW, I’d ruled out the direct monitoring delays some people had mentioned.

If you’ve yet to find a solution also, I’d love to hear from someone in the know what Steinberg’s process is for fixing things like this. I’m pretty cheesed off as I’ve invested a significant amount of money and ended up with a system with serious recording limitations vs my old cheepo setup running Cubase Studio 4!