KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

Hi again, JM

I think I found something interesting… I made further tests this morning, using the chr(), asc() and strcomp() VBS functions and stumbled on the fact that the Strcomp() string comparison was returning -1 and the asc() value of the £ character entered in my script was 194, as the one read in the Cubase .xml file was 163, as expected.

From which I started to explore the encoding of my script (I use Notepad++ for any script editing, which allows several different kinds of encoding) and saw that, when using the ‘UTF-8’ encoding (it was encoded until now as ‘UTF-8 without BOM’, the Notepad++ default setting), the characters corresponding to the key strokes not displayed were all displayed in my script as 2 characters, the first one being an… Â (asc() value = 194). So, I took the jump by copying all the source and pasting it in an ANSI encoded file and carefully retyped all the problematic key strokes.

The result is that now, all the key commands, including the problematic ones, are now displayed in Notepad. I uploaded the new ANSI encoded script in my first post concerning it, and edited it accordingly.

Could you test this one and report back ? Thanks.