KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

Add the "

Got that. I have also re-ordered the keys here to make it visual- qwerty instead of abcdefg down the left side. Also added F16, I remap my capslock to F16. and it shows up in the table. Nice and flexible. Now, perl at least doesn’t scare me, but it is still mystifies. :confused:

$sandwich2->{huh}->[8] say what?

lol, it will click little by little and it starts reading like english. I’ve seen the same syntax styles so many times that languages don’t bother me. But, each one has it’s own little differences that can drive you nuts. Or, things that are easy in one language are 3090349805 lines of code in another.

Anyhow, I realize I popped the PC version on the last update. I’ll write a little PC|MAC filter that can be set at the top so you don’t have to dig around in the body of the code.

I updated the css a bit, added a “.” to the empty cells, added in the “"” symbol. Made it a little easier to choose Mac or PC.

Moved, the old VB Script version to a lower thread.

Two things remain

1. Fix all the weird key command inconsistencies. (ie replace ~ with the correct Shift+`) there are dozens of those that cause extra characters to be displayed in the first column.

2. Maybe set it so the first row does not scroll. This has some special problems as the current method auto sizes the columns really well. Keep the columns between the non-scrolling section and the scrolling section is harder than I thought it would be. Need to think on it a bit.

Hi again, JM

I think I found something interesting… I made further tests this morning, using the chr(), asc() and strcomp() VBS functions and stumbled on the fact that the Strcomp() string comparison was returning -1 and the asc() value of the £ character entered in my script was 194, as the one read in the Cubase .xml file was 163, as expected.

From which I started to explore the encoding of my script (I use Notepad++ for any script editing, which allows several different kinds of encoding) and saw that, when using the ‘UTF-8’ encoding (it was encoded until now as ‘UTF-8 without BOM’, the Notepad++ default setting), the characters corresponding to the key strokes not displayed were all displayed in my script as 2 characters, the first one being an… Â (asc() value = 194). So, I took the jump by copying all the source and pasting it in an ANSI encoded file and carefully retyped all the problematic key strokes.

The result is that now, all the key commands, including the problematic ones, are now displayed in Notepad. I uploaded the new ANSI encoded script in my first post concerning it, and edited it accordingly.

Could you test this one and report back ? Thanks.

Nice! By the way I use Notepad++ as well. I’ll do my best to get to it tonight. (it is early in the morning here now).

Sorry guys, I can’t understand half of this thread. :slight_smile:

However I use OSX and would like to get a printable table regarding all key commands that are assigned.

Soo…what must I do - or are you still working on a solution?

Big thanks for your effort guys

There is a zip file attached to the first post. Download it. Unzip it into your /~ directory. Move your Key Commands.xml file to that directory. Run the perl scrip.

(It appears the files can go right in the prefs folder now. It is working for me. no chmod -x needed :confused: )

Run the script by using this command in Terminal.app:
perl ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/genCommands.pl

Or check out the file in KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support - #55 by steve - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I am not getting any commands that have modifiers in Cubase 7.5 on a mac. Everything else shows which is very nice. Thank you very much for this script!

http://reference.StudioPrime.com/forums/steinberg/KeyCommands/KeyCommands.html

That’s strange. I have the same setup… Are you using the latest files I posted? And did you update the file paths for Cubase 7.5?

Yes I used the updated file in the first post and used your Automator action and updated it for Cubase 7.5 and then got the results posted. Is there another “genCommands.pl” I should be using?

Can you try these? They are what I am using now.
genCommands.pl and CubaseMap.css.zip (3.98 KB)

Thanks that works like a charm and is so nice to see how the key commands actually line up for me. Way better than anything Steinberg would likely even make in the future. I have tried to set rules for what commands use what modifiers and this makes it so quick to see.

I made a zip file with an app that has a special icon and also modified the name of the perl script and generated HTML and CSS file so they all showed up together next to the Key Commands.xml in Cubase. Also made a little read me with tips and updated your Automator app for Cubase 7.5. Even made a disk image with icon to boot.

Hopefully this helps anyone that may stumble on this thread on a Mac to have a quick modified perl script and files for the Mac. Thanks JMCecil for your awesome work and Steve for all your help and Automator app and updated files!

http://reference.StudioPrime.com/forums/steinberg/Cubase_Show_Current_Key_Commands.zip

Thanks for this…

I used the Notepad version from cubic13.
Got it working with Nuendo 6.07 after making all the
required changes.
Up until now, I was using Excel to create my own
printed list of Key Commands. This is obviously much easier
to keep updated.

Nice work guys.

The only unfortunate thing is the roll overs don’t work on this like the other one but at least it shows all the commands.

Also funny to see commands assigned to Process Plug-ins in the XML file reference/show up as long numbers.

Yeah, It just presents whatever is in the corresponding element in the xml file.

I don’t know why the pop-ups don’t work… Try using the original css file instead of mine, I might have munged it when I edited the colors/fonts.

I just tried the original again in hopes that it would work. The roll-overs work but then I don’t see any of the shortcuts assigned to the modifiers, plus I really like the look of your CSS. I’ll see what I can figure out that is different.

Well I am just chasing my tail at this point, I have no idea what is stopping the roll-overs from working. I opened them both up in word and did a compare file feature while keeping them it as a perl script and changed everything I could back to the original one by one and even copied and pasted but I am sure there is something I am missing. I went to the original CSS thinking that might have messed with the roll over but nothing seems to be working.

I guess a couple good things that came from it is that I added a few function keys to the file to now show up and they work correctly. I also changed the order of the keys since the roll-overs weren’t working to get them in a more logical order on a Mac (at least for me) starting with the command key. That took some trial and error to get to work properly.

Edit: I also just noticed that Option+Control+Shift wasn’t in the list and I have a lot assigned to that. Fixed all four modifiers so they work and updated the zip file again. I’m done for now.

I added a link to the previous post (also below) since it is now for some reason just over 2MB and won’t upload to the forum. Too bad these posts aren’t numbered.

http://reference.studioprime.com/forums/steinberg/Cubase_Show_Current_Key_Commands.zip

Found this webpage which is sort of neat and related Cubase 7 Keyboard Shortcuts select a category and then hover over the command.