this'll change everything 14 nov

They are late again, nothing new about it.

Steinberg is a company from Germany - and they seem to think so, too…

Otherwise they would release stuff for Europe, not for the USA.

I think it’s just plain horrible to tease and then leave people hanging like that.

maybe they give free tranquilizers for their users… that will change something :mrgreen:

VST Connect PRO. Doesn’t change anything for me…

I like it, it is something useful.

Not for me, at the moment. But it is quite possible that it will be very useful later.

So a big “thumbs up” for Steinberg on this one! :slight_smile:

Yawn

Ok, it might be a little bit better than the mould on the back wall of their toilet being cleaned up.

But “This’ll change everything.” Not likely.

Personally, I haven’t used VST Connect, but I would have imagined that the latencies involved in comms around the world would have made shared sessions unworkable.

But I could see it being useful in recording musicians in isolated rooms in the same building, connected by GbE.

I was going to ask if this was just VST Connect stand alone?

199 euro???

Exactly what I was going to say…

That a bit steep methinks.

I have and with a 100MB internet connection on both ends (but 12mb up) and an average ~70ms connect latency, it’s kinda sorta useable. It’s not as cool as you want it to be, but not as bad as you think it would be.

So that’s 199euros for the automatic sending of the HD files from the performer to Cubase, and the ability to send midi over the net. Likely also latency compensation so you don’t have to fiddle with the events.

Sounds… a bit steep, but I guess that’s the price when something doesn’t have a wide audience.

There is a dedicated VST Connect forum available now: VST Connect - Steinberg Forums

Is there any documentation for this available?
Can we see a real world example of how it is set up? Not just ‘this is how it’s supposed to connect’.

Cubase iCPro NEVER connected with my iPhone no matter how many times I copied the very basic tutorials.

I’d buy it if I can see it work.

Kind of sloooooow the introduction video

it’s not something that you cannot accomplish in another way. do you need the uncompressed files? the performer can send you them via Dropbox, Gobbler, etc…

I mean, I don’t see how to justify 199 euro.

Watch and wait. Don’t expect anything overnight, but Steinberg have always been pioneers in this industry, and when the other players start jumping on the wagon the recording industry will once again be transformed. Just you wait and see… :wink:

Bunch of spoiled twats, me thinks!!! :laughing:

Changes everything? Well, depends on the user? Why not! :sunglasses: