this'll change everything 14 nov

Kind of sloooooow the introduction video

it’s not something that you cannot accomplish in another way. do you need the uncompressed files? the performer can send you them via Dropbox, Gobbler, etc…

I mean, I don’t see how to justify 199 euro.

Watch and wait. Don’t expect anything overnight, but Steinberg have always been pioneers in this industry, and when the other players start jumping on the wagon the recording industry will once again be transformed. Just you wait and see… :wink:

Bunch of spoiled twats, me thinks!!! :laughing:

Changes everything? Well, depends on the user? Why not! :sunglasses:

An Oscar for the video :smiley:

so that means your now going to drop vst connect in C7 and it will become a redundant bit of software ? Well I must admit im completely unimpressed with this so called " going to change everything" this statement is one hell of a major flop !
Right back to my modular build !

OT reply … just finished a Yusynth Dual Ring Mod Monday night, added it to the rack last night!

I though it was something bigger then this…? :unamused:

Don’t get me wrong I still I use VST connect frequently and I like it very much!
The only bummer is that Studio pass only support Iphone? :unamused:
Android phones like Samsung and Sony Ericson is the market leader on the market and growing every day in Europe still no Android app or support?

That’s really surprising? :open_mouth:

Best Regards
Freddie

i’ll up load a photo of this new mod in a min in the studio picks cj , it’s changed quite abit :wink: OH sorry am I off topic ??? really don’t care to be honest , more Icrap poop , im never buying into that crap so it looks like me and Steinberg stay as is now , you not having one more penny out of me . what a waste of time and now is C7 going to take a back step and left to rot ??? VERY UNIMPRESSED

HaHAHAHA :laughing: :laughing: robert deniro your career as an actor is being seriously at risk after this vst connect movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EwDmNe7SlI

i"ll be Back :sunglasses:

it’s kind of weird movie isnt it ?

I simply love video. I can’t stop laughing:D

Hmm, this VST Connect Pro may actually change things for those who will use it. I don’t see myself using it though, it is easier to send one track or stems to the other side.
I’m glad they didn’t use this as part of C7.5 update, put some bug fixes next to it and charge upgrade price for it. Let it be separate, and let it be expensive, and let those who find use of it pay fair price.

the only thing this changed is where my pennies were going to be spent …Cheers Steinberg , two new modules for the modular it was :wink:

Certainly no one will get an Oscar for the rather ridiculous video. :laughing:

…and it was not really fair. Of course, comparing a cheap saxophone sample and the worst GM drums available to a real saxophone and a real drumkit makes a great difference.

However, I would prefer my BFD 3 over almost any real drum recording nowadays, because it’s like a single microphone preamp they used to record the content costs more than all the hardware most studios have combined (or something like that).

And there ARE good saxophone samples out there. :wink:

The most interesting use case would be for instruments one will never be able to use properly in a sampled fashion: guitars, vocals. Everything else can be sampled, but when I see what guitarists, for example, do with their instruments, I guess there is not even a keyboard with enough space for all the keyswitches necessary to even do what a below - average, typical drunk garage 60s / 70s cover band guitarist can do.

But not drums, seriously… since BFD 2, sampled drums are perfect. It’s all about content variety and workflow now.

I would have shown the guy playing an electronic drumkit (MIDI) via Internet, triggering BFD 3 kit pieces on the otherside. That would be the other use case, besides guitars and basses, I would be interested in.

For me it will be a Casiotone 7000, if I can find one. And I’m serious here. :sunglasses:

Bingo. Sounds like I wasn’t the only one thinking that. :sunglasses:

Right on!

Right!

How many people here know what it was like having to dial people into a session using ISDN?

Granted, I haven’t used ISDN in years and instead have a VOIP system that gets tied into the main rig for my cross-country producers that I have to dial into V.O. sessions. There are always glitches in the audio stream. We all just accept it and just wind back to preview the work again. Even after the all the V.O. work is completed for an episode or few, 99% of the time there are always pickups that have to be done in another session date.

Heck, if I can offer a producer a high quality stream for coaching the talent, I’m in, and I am sure they will be too. The cost is peanuts. I may lose work as a result if this leads to less pickups due to the higher quality feed. The only competing service out there is “callinstudio” but you have to tandem a video feed from something else.

Tandem

… thereby confessing to not even trying to see the intention of the video. You need somebody to point out to you it was just an example? The MIDI sax lines were there as guides for the meat and blood saxophonists to know the lines the composer had in mind and then humanize the lines with real saxes. The idea of the video is to get the idea to get ideas of your own. Not compare the sound quality of the example material. Cheezeus, what more don’t you understand in life??? Your only intention is obviously to hate on Steinberg :open_mouth: :laughing:

If you don’t like it, don’t need it, won’t use it … don’t buy it! :bulb:

Reading through this thread this product is succeeding at getting people angry :slight_smile: not bad value for 199 :mrgreen:

meanwhile …

The world is my studio.