This will change..nothing

Meh, I dunno. I kind of expected it to be something along these lines. I guess it’s a cool idea, although it probably has limited applicability for myself and others similarly situated. I mean, the erstwhile performer is still going to have to have their own mic/mic pre/instruments/AI/whatever, and they are going to be in their space, so you’re going to get their sound (as opposed to, say, yeah come on over and sing into my Neumann $$$ etc (which I don’t have lol)). I could see it as useful for maybe higher-end operations who need to work with someone remotely who has access to a nice stuido setup (and they “only use ProTools!” lol), and you need to do real time feedback (“lets do another take”, “no, do the falsetto”, etc etc) during the session. For me, even though I have a friend in California and a brother in North Carolina I like to collaborate with, it makes more sense to just export an audio mix and send them the file (as a “click track” if you will) for them to record their take against and then just send me the wav file of their recording(s) to drop into the project. It’s just easier to work asynchronously like that.

But I suppose if you needed to “be there” there could be a use for it. And, it is kind of cool. So there’s that.