this'll change everything 14 nov

Certainly no one will get an Oscar for the rather ridiculous video. :laughing:

…and it was not really fair. Of course, comparing a cheap saxophone sample and the worst GM drums available to a real saxophone and a real drumkit makes a great difference.

However, I would prefer my BFD 3 over almost any real drum recording nowadays, because it’s like a single microphone preamp they used to record the content costs more than all the hardware most studios have combined (or something like that).

And there ARE good saxophone samples out there. :wink:

The most interesting use case would be for instruments one will never be able to use properly in a sampled fashion: guitars, vocals. Everything else can be sampled, but when I see what guitarists, for example, do with their instruments, I guess there is not even a keyboard with enough space for all the keyswitches necessary to even do what a below - average, typical drunk garage 60s / 70s cover band guitarist can do.

But not drums, seriously… since BFD 2, sampled drums are perfect. It’s all about content variety and workflow now.

I would have shown the guy playing an electronic drumkit (MIDI) via Internet, triggering BFD 3 kit pieces on the otherside. That would be the other use case, besides guitars and basses, I would be interested in.

For me it will be a Casiotone 7000, if I can find one. And I’m serious here. :sunglasses: